Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2008, 03:41 AM   #433
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Demo is ok. Not feelin' the controls - but could get used to. Guess I am spoiled with 2k's set up. Beautiful game graphically, and it really seems more fluid this year - I still see some stiff animations when transitioning from move to move, plus some of the drives to the basket look really awkward - scripted to a point. Let's see if EA tightens up this stuff before release....
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 AM   #434
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
The 2 shoot buttons one is 4 a regular shot the other for a dunk but if u accidently hit the dunk button at the 3 point line it will go up 4 a regular shot not a 3 point lay up animation like last year...
I haven't played the demo yet. But if that does happen what's the point in having the other shoot button, if the dunk button shoots if you're not in the position to dunk/layup.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:00 AM   #435
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

The shoot button is only used for shooting and as you get closer to the basket your player starts to shoot floaters and leaners instead of actual jumpshots if you press the shot button.

While the dunk/layup button allows you to pull off layups and dunks when your in range and shoots regular shots when your out of layup range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #436
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo
I'm giving Live a shot this year due to the DNA stuff and TP on the cover. I liked the demo. It was too short though. Spent a lot of time in the practice area and the shot meter or whatever is really broken. I couldn't make anything when the ball turned green but I made 10 straight 3s shooting with the layup/dunk button. Also it seems EA got some new pbp from Marv.
WHAT????

GREEN???
Old 09-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 3
I actually like the 2 button shot setup. It's to prevent the computer from deciding to lay it up when I want it to dunk over some one. I'd rather that the decision rest with me than some percentage formula / success rate table the developers stuck in. This game is gonna be the NHL08 of basketball. EA's big step up to even the playing field after years of 2K dominance. It is good to be a b-ball fan for real.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

ive seen it turn green sometimes

as for live big improvement over last years live definitely playable but 2k's game is just too smooth

little demo tip after the 2nd quater buzzard hit start quit game rematch an there you go 3rd and 4th quater
Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #439
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
WHAT????

GREEN???

Umm, yeah, you know when you stop the meter in the middle on the shot bar in the practice gym? It's red if you get it not perfect, green if you get it perfect.. there's a basketball in the middle, hence the green ball..
Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #440
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Umm, yeah, you know when you stop the meter in the middle on the shot bar in the practice gym? It's red if you get it not perfect, green if you get it perfect.. there's a basketball in the middle, hence the green ball..
no I don't, considering I spent most of my time on the court, only green I remember was on the free-throw meter.

I didn't dance too much in that gym to know what he was talking about. First thing I thought of was NBA'09 on PS3 when I heard green meter.

I haven't tampered with the practice gym enough to know anything about a green meter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »