Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #425
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

While '09 appears to be better than '08, it is still behind 2k in my opinion. The animations just dont look natural and seeing players take off from the free throw line for dunks and layups when you press that button is ridiculous. I did a pick n roll with Kobe and Gasol. I passed it off to Pau and he proceeded to take off for a dunk from the free throw line withou even taking a dribble...Also, Players faces look off to me, the noses and mouth's our wierd

I love LIVE's crowd, presentation and commentary but that alone doesnt make up for the most important aspect, gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah nice to hear some impressions.... i cant wait to try it out once it hits PSN... the reviews are pretty mixed from what i read so far... so i just have to judge for myself to really see whats up!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #427
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Reasonably good...

Tomba321's NBA Live 09 Slider Set

This actually cuts down the crazy 3 pointers, the crazy and often times annoying dribbling and can lesson the effect of sliding from dunking.

Last edited by Tomba; 09-06-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #428
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

What does the sink or swim slider do?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #429
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

I guess i will have 2 bball games this year. I havent played live since 05 (except for the demos) and i feel like i can have some fun with tis game

Things I Like
-Play calling. I love how there are multiple options and how the players excute them.

-Animations. While they are not on 2k level they arent as bad as some make them out to be.

-Quick strike. After i got used to the controls (kept on hitting the left analog to shot lol) i found that its easy to learn.

-Floor Spacing. Seems like the players are more spreaded out.

Things i dont like

-Shot animations. I like Ray allans but some still look weird to me (especially layups)

-2 Shot buttons. Worse idea ever.

I realize its not 2k and i think that allowed me to have more fun with it. Im having trouble with the controls but thats just cause i play choops and 2k so much. Im sure i can re adjust to live. Day one buy for me!

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 09-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #430
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm giving Live a shot this year due to the DNA stuff and TP on the cover. I liked the demo. It was too short though. Spent a lot of time in the practice area and the shot meter or whatever is really broken. I couldn't make anything when the ball turned green but I made 10 straight 3s shooting with the layup/dunk button. Also it seems EA got some new pbp from Marv.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 AM   #431
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXL
I guess i will have 2 bball games this year. I havent played live since 05 (except for the demos) and i feel like i can have some fun with tis game

Things I Like
-Play calling. I love how there are multiple options and how the players excute them.

-Animations. While they are not on 2k level they arent as bad as some make them out to be.

-Quick strike. After i got used to the controls (kept on hitting the left analog to shot lol) i found that its easy to learn.

-Floor Spacing. Seems like the players are more spreaded out.

Things i dont like

-Shot animations. I like Ray allans but some still look weird to me (especially layups)

-2 Shot buttons. Worse idea ever.

I realize its not 2k and i think that allowed me to have more fun with it. Im having trouble with the controls but thats just cause i play choops and 2k so much. Im sure i can re adjust to live. Day one buy for me!
The 2 shoot buttons one is 4 a regular shot the other for a dunk but if u accidently hit the dunk button at the 3 point line it will go up 4 a regular shot not a 3 point lay up animation like last year...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #432
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I went back and played some more. How could you guys come up with some long review for this trash, and why compare it to 08?The live producer said they didnt get the game they wanted in 08, and now after making millions, you admit 08 was bad. Wow. So compare LIVE with 2k, not LiVe 08. And the comparisons end at their both NBA games. LIVE is sluggish, a big fat slug. Once again, they don't know what basketball really is, so they leave it up to us with these sliders. I've never changed a slider in my life, when you go online, you play how the game is, so why in your house you tweaking this and cheesing that. Why are we the game developers? LIVE always looks like colorful crayon drawings, and this year doesnt disappoint. they still make people look funny, how come Madden players look better? And still TWO BUTTONS TO SHOOT, why? I still don't understand that, its like their ignorant about keeping it, to a fault. How come 2k has all the dunks, layups, jumpers, leaners, etc. with one shot button, what is EA's problem. I predict this the last year for that two button shooting. It never made sense. Live is so garbage. geez, it looks like 2k5 finally.
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!
GREAT POST!!!!

I know there are lots of people who recognize these shortcomings as well, but it doesn't get said enough.
This is gettin' quoted for my sig!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »