Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ***NBA Live 09 Demo Impressions Thread***

i played the demo breifly but i liked it alot. i still dont think this is even better then 2k8 but i think they have a product where they can actually compete now.

its great to see that live actually has learned how to properly implement momentum and the game runs really smooth. some of the animations are still a bit jittery and dont flow right but its such a drastic improvement over last year its truly incredible.

im going to probably pick up both games this year for when i want a change of pace. i think 2k will still be a more complete experience then live this year but now i absolutely cant wait for next year. Live 09 is really setting up the proper basework for them to deliver a great game next year.

my favorite thing about the game so far is the collisions. ive always prayed that 2k implements a collision system like Live's but they never listen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #402
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

I'm gonna do some more videos today. This dude on YouTube wants to see the hotspots, so I'm going to show everyone's spots if I can. I'll do one where I call a play each time down for you KDRE. Judging from the last video, you can probably at least see the icons pop up, though seeing the lighted vs. greyed-out 'A' might be tough. But since we've described it, I'm sure you can tell basically when that happens.

Should be up around 10:00 EST or so. I'll post any vids I do here also.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #403
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

I recorded a video, I'm going to see how it turns out and upload it to youtube. If you can't make out the icons and stuff you should at least be able to make out the animations because it doesn't suck THAT bad. And the movements off the pick is what I was trying to show the most anyways
Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #404
Pro

I really like the demo. Like others have said, it does feel a bit sluggish in areas. Reaction time between button presses, and players reacting seem to be off by a little as well. Especially when trying to block a shot, or jump for a rebound, there seems to be a very slight delay in reaction time.

All-in-all, I am quite impressed with the demo. It definitely feels, and looks like an improvement overall. But I will have to wait for the finished product to pass final judgment.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #405
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Stumble, thanks alot man.. I think i had a blast watching your last video last night. Looking forward to it.

Dakkon, appreciate it man, maybe i can start a Demo video sticky for you guys if enough of you want it to post your vids in. Im just thinking about it but it may not be necesary

HP, whats up man! Glad to see you post, even if it is every blue moon but glad to see your thoughts : )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #406
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

Alright let the Rookie explain why the demo pretty much tells me that this game is going to be an "EPIC FAIL"

1. Same player models all looking anorexic!
2. They look nothing like most of the players in the NBA(facial feature wise)
3. The shooting feels dull and has no kind of release feel(I know Bebula address this but at the end of the day he's needs that paycheck from EA)
4. The dribbling, shooting, dunking all looks dull.
5. I dont see the computer really running any plays or using any really giving me a challenge.
6. But all I can say is that the presentation/commentary is always on point. But that's all the game has.

I am a fan of Basketball not NBA 2K and NBA Live, I always play both games including NBA The Life. But I have given NBA Live too many chances and they constantly fail. I was gonna give it a try this year but I'll pass. NO THANKS!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #407
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
Alright let the Rookie explain why the demo pretty much tells me that this game is going to be an "EPIC FAIL"

1. Same player models all looking anorexic!
2. They look nothing like most of the players in the NBA(facial feature wise)
3. The shooting feels dull and has no kind of release feel(I know Bebula address this but at the end of the day he's needs that paycheck from EA)
4. The dribbling, shooting, dunking all looks dull.
5. I dont see the computer really running any plays or using any really giving me a challenge.
6. But all I can say is that the presentation/commentary is always on point. But that's all the game has.

I am a fan of Basketball not NBA 2K and NBA Live, I always play both games including NBA The Life. But I have given NBA Live too many chances and they constantly fail. I was gonna give it a try this year but I'll pass. NO THANKS!

i think the player models are way improved and on point with 2k's. the faces? i guess its a matter of opinion cause i thought they looked alot better then 2k's (im talkin 2k8 cause they refuse to put out info for 2k9)

as far as the jumpshots? not sure what it is beluba said about this but i totally agree with you. the jumpshots have bad animations and feel like they have no type of release point. they need to tighten that up alot because its still not on par with 2k's jumpshooting. kobes jumpshot in live isnt half as real looking as 2k's

the dunks and i layups i saw in my short playing time so far were really nice and the collisions and smoothness were top notch aside from a few jitters during transitions.

i havent seen anything in the game that would make it an epic fail just some small issues
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #408
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

here you go KDRE.. My camera shut off near the end and I didn't get the whole video but I tried to show off some variations of the same play and mostly just screwing around

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »