Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #361
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

I din't really care for the game but it's only a demo. Strange but I enjoyed the practice mode 10xs more than the actual game.

Looks like we may get 2 decent b-ball games this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
I din't really care for the game but it's only a demo. Strange but I enjoyed the practice mode 10xs more than the actual game.

Looks like we may get 2 decent b-ball games this year!
me too
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #363
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

The button release definitely makes a difference in this game, but much like 2K, you can still hold the button or release it way early and occasionally get a make out of it. I was just shooting around with Pierce trying to get a feel for his shot (watching the release meter below him as well as his release), and it's very consistant on its release point. You can make it with an early or late release occasionally, but it mostly misses.

Also, as people have said, there's no real indication aside from missing the shot that you've messed up the release. But even with a perfect release, you can still miss from your hotspot, so it's still basically a crapshoot like every basketball game ever. That's the way it should be IMO (very high percentage with perfect release from a good spot, not impossible to make a bad release shot from a cold spot).

It would be great if we could tell by the way the ball comes off their hands whether it was late or early though -- I thought Beluba said that was in this year... like if you're way early, it goes short, and if you hold it too long, it hits back rim... does anyone else remember reading that?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 3

Didn't anyone else notice that Turiaf is wearing a Warriors jersey? I wonder if that's the way the player pictures are going to be done this year, with the virtual model instead of an actual picture. At least that way the jersey the player's wearing could be updated with trades. That was always a pet peeve of mine, seeing a player wearing his old team's jersey after a trade.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #365
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Well they stated in the beginning of the demo, that the rosters were from the 2007-08 season.

So they aren't current.

Also play a couple of those rewind games, like I did in Video two, and the lineups will be different as well based off that particular game.

Nice!!!

Maybe a spaceship finally showed up to take him back home....

hahaha

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #366
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

After slider tweaks and messing around (increasing shooting fouls), I'm going to bump this up to Superstar to see how the CPU plays.

I've been getting the hang of Pick & Rolls and QSA so I can now kind of do offensive moves at will.

I think this will be an incredible game after slider adjustments. With the play-calling system and pretty much total offensive control, I'm convinced that this is going to be a blast to play.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
After slider tweaks and messing around (increasing shooting fouls), I'm going to bump this up to Superstar to see how the CPU plays.

I've been getting the hang of Pick & Rolls and QSA so I can now kind of do offensive moves at will.

I think this will be an incredible game after slider adjustments. With the play-calling system and pretty much total offensive control, I'm convinced that this is going to be a blast to play.
I'll have you on lock down son
Old 09-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #368
Pro

OVR: 14
Really nice to hear that Live is really getting it right this year.. It was about time... Always liked the presentation of live, but the gameplay kept getting me back 2 2K... I will probably keep 2K8 in my collection and this year go for Live 09.. Can't wait to get my hands on the PS3 demo or the full version in a couple of weeks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »