Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #137
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I agree. But Carlos would never say those things.
He's right though. Those Madden arguments were indeed brought in to this thread.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #138
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I dont think you get it. I LIKE THE GAME. i play it and enjoy it.

it has alot of missing peices and issues so just because you like it dont sit here and act like the game is perfect. be real man. enjoy yourself.
That's the way I feel -

Pitching: like
Editing options: like
Graphics and player models: like
Hitting: don't like
Animations: don't like
Presentation and commentary: don't like
Glitches and sloppy overall quality: don't like

That's 3 likes and 4 don't likes, and I would rate the game between 6.5 and 7, so I guess I'm being generous

And to be fair, a lot of people who have defended the game since day one, have also repeatedly listed the things in the game they're unhappy about. At this point, people coming here and telling others how bad the game is, and telling others they're in denial, is overkill. Like vultures coming back to pick the carcass clean, again and again. It's DEAD already!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #139
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

going back to Williams' article, I don't think it was the most well-written piece amongst the other new stuff on OS.

It seemed to spend a lot of time killing 2k8 while slipping in a sentence about how the gameplay was actually fun.

Also, Patrick mentioned how the new gameplay features were fun and inventive, yet later in the article he says the new pitching bored him and was too slow. Well, which is it Patrick?

I also find it funny when people complain about graphics in a sports game. I mean, different things matter to different people but for sports games, graphics are usually a tertiary or even quaternary concern to me.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #140
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I also find it funny when people complain about graphics in a sports game. I mean, different things matter to different people but for sports games, graphics are usually a tertiary or even quaternary concern to me.
Everyone's priorities are different. When I pay 60 dollars for a baseball game to play on my $400-$500 console, I personally want gameplay and graphics to be top notch. Maybe it's just me.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #141
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Everyone's priorities are different. When I pay 60 dollars for a baseball game to play on my $400-$500 console, I personally want gameplay and graphics to be top notch. Maybe it's just me.

Bk;

I hear what you are saying, but I've played HH on a high end PC and enjoyed many years of it. We both know HH's graphics were substandard even 5 years ago.

I want what you want too, but the way I look at it, I survived 4 years of HH on the PC and wasn't disappointed with gameplay, which is probably the key word.

HH never updated the commentary and they only updated the graphics in the last year. And the commentary was more loopy than 2k8's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #142
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

I dont get it..ive played the game...i think its fine...a lot of people say the game is cool..i dont know what people are looking for its a VIDEO GAME..everygame has flaws, but i think people are looking for a television broadcast type video game...i say either trade it in or dont play it anymore dont continue to say i hate this and i hate that..and then when the patch comes out i love this and i love that...just give it back!!

ps. i have it on HD as well and its fine to me..maybe because i just play for the fun of it
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe

Last edited by Shadymamba; 03-21-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: for my ps quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #143
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
Name a game, any sport, that plays correctly out of the box and please do not tell me The Show because I have it too and it has plenty of flaws which people seem to just bypass for some reason. After playing 2K8 and going back to The Show I find it very stiff and tedious to try and complete nine innings in The Show, but that's just my opinion. .
Stiff and tedious and just plain lacking in the fun department. MLB 2K8 may not be perfect but with a little tweaking here and there it is fun.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #144
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

I remember back in the day when I didn't rely on the internet, or even magazines for that matter, to find game reviews. It was fun just being a kid and anticipating a games release. I would prepare, ask my mom and make sure she had enough money to get the game. Then we'd head down to GameStop pick it up. (And ignore the clerk when he asked me if I was sure I wanted All-Star Baseball and not MVP.) And I would ferociously rip open the package on the bus ride home. When I got home I would just enjoy the game as much as possible. I didn't know about frame rate or bugs and glitches. I would just play for hours, not blaming the developers or in-game sliders for the problems. So now I find myself more and more ignoring what people say in reviews and I just find the game that is most fun for me. It's kind of like when you hear movie reviews. They may say a movie is the best of the year, but you still might not like it. Or they can say it's the worst, but you may find it very enjoyable. So I ask you, do you want to rely on someone elses opinion of a game? Or your own? You decide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »