Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #105
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Yes it's annoying, but you can't tell me it's worst than 2k7, because it's not
2k7 never had stuttering in the field for me. I played that game like 100000 times, so maybe I just ignored it I don't know. I remember the patch added a new camera view that was kinda laggy, but I stuck to the original and never had choppiness in the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #106
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

It's more choppy than 2k7. I'm not saying the game is smooth on the field. 30 fps might be wrong, I give you that.

But it's just not choppy enough to really bother me. I still understand why it would bother people.

I would never argue with anyone that says they can't play the game because of the frame rate. It's understanding if it's irritating.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #107
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

If a patch fix's the choppiness let me know... and I'm coming back. That card feature seemed really interesting.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #108
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

I log out of my profile so I don't know about the frame rate issues. Hahaha.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 11

I can't understand how people defend 2k sports as if they were shareholders. Let's be honest I think everyone on OS boards wants more than anything great sports games. I find it impossible to list 2k8 as such. I'm not flaming on the game or trying to start a war. I want a great game and 2k has burned us every year since 2k6. If people were truly honest and spoke with their dollars and didn't buy 2k unless they fixed it, we would all be better off. ALL I WANT IS A FUN BASEBALL GAME. It's like people try so hard to like this game and discount anyone that speaks the truth. I really thought 2k7 was a step in the right direction and for them to release this disaster is horrible
Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #110
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
I log out of my profile so I don't know about the frame rate issues. Hahaha.
Shouldn't have to do that. Not to mention that defeats the ability to use the highly touted card collecting feature which I do enjoy. Even then, framerate hits are noticeable.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #111
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can only compare 2k8 with 2k7 and it's not even close. Gameplay wise, 2k8 blows 2k7 out of the water.

I'm still playing on SDTV, so, I don't have any stuttering, choppiness, what others are experiencing.

I knew about the commentary before I purchased the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #112
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
It's like people try so hard to like this game and discount anyone that speaks the truth.
You seem to be the one trying harder to get people that like the game to not like it.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »