Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #161
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepatrol
Here's a brief recap for anyone that doesn't feel like reading all the posts.

- People disappointed with 2K8: "I don't like this game. The frame-rate renders it unplayable, it's even worse if you want to play online, the audio is precisely the same as 2K7, the crowd is no longer interactive, it freezes constantly, etc."

If only 2K8 were as amusing as this thread. . . .
Yet again, since you're unable to properly articulate your issues with the game you have to overstate everything. The game doesn't freeze constantly. The crowd isn't completely devoid of interaction. The audio isn't exactly the same as 2K7. The framerate doesn't render the game unplayable.

And yet again, no mention of gameplay issues.

The issues you did mention are all legitimate issues, but overstated and overblown by those arguing that they make the game completely unplayable. That's all that's been being debated

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #162
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
You do realize there are some people calling 2K devs outright liars and punks in this forum - literally. And quite regularly. I don't recall ever seeing that level of venom being directed towards developers. You and I have bickered more back and forth the past couple hours than I've seen in most forums for weeks. And that's just us.

I'll just agree to disagree w/you. Not even sure what I'm disagreeing about at this point; I've sidetracked the thread enough.
To be fair, Brinkman did flat out lie when it came to framerates. They are no where near the 60 FPS he said they were running at. And he went out and specificially mentioned how smooth it ran on the PS3, when that's no where near being close to the truth.

And no where near the venom that's leveled at the NCAA and Madden developers? Are you kidding me? Those guys get killed every year around release time. With everything from being called lazy to liars. Nice selective memory though.

Last edited by bkrich83; 03-21-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #163
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The audio isn't exactly the same as 2K7. The framerate doesn't render the game unplayable.

Actually the audio is exactly the same as last year. I believe the Devs have even said so.

As far as framerate being unplayable or not, that varies from person to person. I can look past it, while I can see why others would not be able to. They are pretty bad at times on the PS3 for sure.

There are a lot of things you can defend on this game. It's controls, the ball physics, etc.

Audio, presentation and framerates are really not defensible topics.

Last edited by bkrich83; 03-21-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #164
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

LMAO @ the people who are taking shots at OS. this is the most moderated and well run site as far as gaming goes on the net. I been here long time. pretty much garbage gets called garbage and good stuff gets called good stuff i have never felt or seen an anti 2k or ea agenda with this site. up until recently most of the comments were user generated anyway and fans each have their own opinion so you cant label the site as anti 2k. lol. just ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #165
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
LMAO @ the people who are taking shots at OS. this is the most moderated and well run site as far as gaming goes on the net. I been here long time. pretty much garbage gets called garbage and good stuff gets called good stuff i have never felt or seen an anti 2k or ea agenda with this site. up until recently most of the comments were user generated anyway and fans each have their own opinion so you cant label the site as anti 2k. lol. just ridiculous.
I think people here would kist like to see someone praise the game. I feel it deserves some type of it. Nothing from OS officially has really be positive, and the regulars on this particular forum, for the most part, are happy with the game.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #166
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
I think people here would kist like to see someone praise the game. I feel it deserves some type of it. Nothing from OS officially has really be positive, and the regulars on this particular forum, for the most part, are happy with the game.
I like the game for the most part. But I found the official review and the criticism leveled towards the game to be more than fair. You disagree?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #167
Pro

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

I really enjoy the game, but I don't need this site or any other review to justify my enjoyment. People should ask themselves, is their enjoyment going to fade because some people like The Show or that it didn't get good reviews. All that matters is that you like the game.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #168
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
I really enjoy the game, but I don't need this site or any other review to justify my enjoyment. People should ask themselves, is their enjoyment going to fade because some people like The Show or that it didn't get good reviews. All that matters is that you like the game.
Very well put.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »