Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #129
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
That 2K8 is a disappointment to you and others is clear...in YOUR opinion the game didn't live up to YOUR standards. That is completely okay...just as someone who is enjoying the game and feels it's a solid game has every right to his/her opinion. It doesn't make YOU wrong nor him/her wrong...it's just opinion.
9 out of 10 arguments in my life are about things like this. It always goes like this.

Carlos - Man, I think that's a solid product.
***** - What? It's so bad. How can you like that?
Carlos - I enjoyed it. I think it's solid. You don't like it?
***** - No! It's garbage. It's so bad.
Carlos - Well, I like it.
***** - Haha, you like it? Be real with yourself. You think it's good?
Carlos - Yes, I do.
***** - Look at it. It's bad. Anyone can see that.
Carlos - If you don't like it, fine. But, I do, so what's the issue?
***** - The issue is that you're being stubborn. You don't see how bad it is!
Carlos - Umm, not sure I understand. I like it and I think it's a good product. Why do you feel the need to continue to put it down.
***** - You're stubborn. It's bad. Be real with yourself and realize how bad it is.

And on it goes.

Maybe I never learn. Just never understood how I can sit back and say that I enjoy something and that's all that should matter. However, the person I'm always arguing with about this loves to take it at me and say I'm the one that just doesn't get it because I don't agree with his opinion.

Never have I come here and told anyone that they have to like 2k or something is wrong with them. Yet, the people that don't like it have continuously told me that something is wrong with me for not agreeing with them. I'm not being "real" with myself. I'm "justifying" my purchase. Or better yet, I "own shares" in the company.

I seriously feel like Mugatu right now. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading these comments.

It's amazing the efforts people that don't like something will take so people can be just as miserable as them when it comes to a product. They can never swallow the acceptance that others actually like what they don't like.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #130
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I seriously feel like Mugatu right now. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading these comments.
Nice Zoolander reference!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #131
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
9 out of 10 arguments in my life are about things like this. It always goes like this.

***** - No! It's garbage. It's so bad.
Carlos - Well, I like it.
***** - Haha, you like it? Be real with yourself. You think it's good?
Carlos - Yes, I do.
***** - Look at it. It's bad. Anyone can see that.
Carlos - If you don't like it, fine. But, I do, so what's the issue?
***** - The issue is that you're being stubborn. You don't see how bad it is!
Carlos - Umm, not sure I understand. I like it and I think it's a good product. Why do you feel the need to continue to put it down.
***** - You're stubborn. It's bad. Be real with yourself and realize how bad it is.

And on it goes.

Maybe I never learn. Just never understood how I can sit back and say that I enjoy something and that's all that should matter. However, the person I'm always arguing with about this loves to take it at me and say I'm the one that just doesn't get it because I don't agree with his opinion.

Never have I come here and told anyone that they have to like 2k or something is wrong with them. Yet, the people that don't like it have continuously told me that something is wrong with me for not agreeing with them. I'm not being "real" with myself. I'm "justifying" my purchase. Or better yet, I "own shares" in the company.

It's amazing the efforts people that don't like something will take so people can be just as miserable as them when it comes to a product. They can never swallow the acceptance that others actually like what they don't like.
I have no problem with people liking the game. I rented the game and realized it just wasn't for me. However, what irritates me are conversations like this:

***** - I didn't enjoy it at all
Carlos - Well, Madden sucked. The Show is the same. Why haven't you said anything about those?
***** - Er. well.. we're not talking about them.
Carlos - It's always like that. Madden gets a billion chances and never changes.
***** - What the hell are you talking about? This is not about Madden.
Carlos - I know this is not about Madden, but it upsets me because people like to bash 2K.
***** - What?

Seriously, you would have thought people were bashing each others mothers around here.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #132
Banned

OVR: 11

why this thread is still open says it all in a nutshell..lol
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #133
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbauer318
I have no problem with people liking the game. I rented the game and realized it just wasn't for me. However, what irritates me are conversations like this:

***** - I didn't enjoy it at all
Carlos - Well, Madden sucked. The Show is the same. Why haven't you said anything about those?
***** - Er. well.. we're not talking about them.
Carlos - It's always like that. Madden gets a billion chances and never changes.
***** - What the hell are you talking about? This is not about Madden.
Carlos - I know this is not about Madden, but it upsets me because people like to bash 2K.
***** - What?

Seriously, you would have thought people were bashing each others mothers around here.
I agree. But Carlos would never say those things.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #134
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Nice Zoolander reference!
Sine we're in the spirit of this attitude here goes:

Best comedy in the past 10 years! If you disagree you're not being real with yourself and just trying to justify the 10 bucks you spent watching Jackie Moon.

And yes, I own shares in the "Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too." We just celebrated our 6th year in business and we're going strong with the exception of a little hostile takeover attempt by the "Academy For Young People Who Can't Write Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Things Good Also."

Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #135
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
And yes, I own shares in the "Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too." We just celebrated our 6th year in business and we're going strong with the exception of a little hostile takeover attempt by the "Academy For Young People Who Can't Write Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Things Good Also."
Does the six years include the time when the building was too small for people to get inside or does it just include the enlarged version? haha. Great movie.

Edit: I also use the crazy pills reference too. I use it about once a month.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #136
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
You still don't get it.

You still think that because you don't like the game that everyone else shouldn't like it.

You still think that if anyone does like it they are just not being "real" with themselves.

You still think wrong.

no man, Liking it" has nothing to do with what I am saying bro. I dont think you get it. I LIKE THE GAME. i play it and enjoy it. alot of other peple do too. just because we like it doesnt make it a good game though. like i said uniforms, stadiums, roster,framerate. regardless of how well the game plays, the game as a whole is riddled with issues that should have been taken care of in 06. this is the game we should have had in 06. i dont understand how you read what I say, then come at me lik im on a building giving a sermon on how people should hate 2k. that couldnt be further from the truth. just because some people can overlook a games flaws and enjoy it does not make it a good game. I overlook everything and i enjoy the game. but im not going to sit here and defend the game from critisism, not will I call this a good game. I hope everyone enjoys the game, i dont care but like i have said look at the game as a whole and dont say its a good game because you enjoy it. it has alot of missing peices and issues so just because you like it dont sit here and act like the game is perfect. be real man. enjoy yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »