Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #113
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

It's all a personal opinion... I myself didn't enjoy this years version of 2k baseball but does it make it bad for all, nope.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 10

Pretty sure Patrick shouldn't be working at OS.........
Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #115
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Pretty sure Patrick shouldn't be working at OS.........
Because his opinion differs from yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #116
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Haha, so it's wrong for someone to defend the game when they like it but when you or others say the game is terrible we're supposed to sit back and just nod in agreement?

Laughable.

The double standard here is hilarious.

Defend the game and you're a fanboy that doesn't know anything about baseball. But if you say you don't like the game then you're a genius? And when those that like the game call people on that then you guys turn it back on us.

Wow, OS. Wow.
dogs do you own a a big portion of take two shares? I mean every negative comment seems to hit a nerve. I liked 2k7 alot but I'm a realist. This game was a step backwards. I'm not the only one who feels this way obviously
Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #117
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I can only compare 2k8 with 2k7 and it's not even close. Gameplay wise, 2k8 blows 2k7 out of the water.

I'm still playing on SDTV, so, I don't have any stuttering, choppiness, what others are experiencing.

I knew about the commentary before I purchased the game.
see, this is my point. my gripes are directed exactly at comments like this. we are not talking about a new game. this is the 3rd edition of this game. the 3rd freaking edition meaning 3 years of development were made prior to the release of this game. uniforms are wrong, stadiums are wrong/out dated, there is a framerate issue. there are roster bugs, online is broke pretty much in every aspect. regardless if the gme is "fun", has new pitching controls or "plays a better game than 2k7" it is an outright disaster when you look at the big picture. this game screams lack of leadership and artistic direction. the new pitching system is great. its fun and adds to realism. i enjoy it. bu when you take a step back and say man I have given these guys 180 dollars by buying 2k6,7, and 8. what do we have fr 180 dollars and 3 years? signature styles, new pitching mechanic, decent gameplay, and trading cards.

people say "i dont care" about the framerate. they say "i dont care about the bad commentary" " i could care less if the uniforms are acurrate or if the stadiums are up to date" WAKE THE HECK UP! they released a game where the announcers say completely opposite of whats going on in the game at times. they took the graphics down a notch and got framerate issues. how is that even possible when there werent framerate issues with better graphics?

It is cool if you just want a game that plays a good game of baseball. 2k8 is a game that plays a good game of baseball.

just becaue you go to the diner and get a hamburger patty with no bun, no ketchup, just a plain hambuger patty, and enjoy it, and its exactly what you wanted. you paid the price of a full double bacon cheeseburger but you dont care, it tastes just right and you love it. now if the diner claims to have the best double bacon cheeseburger in town or just simply lists double bacon cheeseburger on the menu, when someone else goes and orders one they are going to be like wtf? where is the bun? where is the cheese? wtf is this. your going to be sitting there like wtf, your hungry, eat it . you wont be hungry after you eat it. its a burger so what if it doesnt have ketchup. and that person is going to think you are ridiculous and no matter what you think, that person will be right because regardless if the patty will satisfy their hunger or not its not what they ordered nor is it what the menu said it was.

seriously, i have nothing against 2k or people who "defend" it but come on guys at least be real with yourself. take a deep breath, look at the big picture. regardless of who hates it or loves it, when we are all real, we agree this isnt a "good game" or a "complete game". this is a sad last attempt to make money by a company that is about to go under.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #118
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

I still don't really have a problem with this game

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 11

i love this ****ing game
Old 03-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #120
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
see, this is my point. my gripes are directed exactly at comments like this. we are not talking about a new game. this is the 3rd edition of this game. the 3rd freaking edition meaning 3 years of development were made prior to the release of this game. uniforms are wrong, stadiums are wrong/out dated, there is a framerate issue. there are roster bugs, online is broke pretty much in every aspect. regardless if the gme is "fun", has new pitching controls or "plays a better game than 2k7" it is an outright disaster when you look at the big picture. this game screams lack of leadership and artistic direction. the new pitching system is great. its fun and adds to realism. i enjoy it. bu when you take a step back and say man I have given these guys 180 dollars by buying 2k6,7, and 8. what do we have fr 180 dollars and 3 years? signature styles, new pitching mechanic, decent gameplay, and trading cards.

people say "i dont care" about the framerate. they say "i dont care about the bad commentary" " i could care less if the uniforms are acurrate or if the stadiums are up to date" WAKE THE HECK UP! they released a game where the announcers say completely opposite of whats going on in the game at times. they took the graphics down a notch and got framerate issues. how is that even possible when there werent framerate issues with better graphics?

It is cool if you just want a game that plays a good game of baseball. 2k8 is a game that plays a good game of baseball.

just becaue you go to the diner and get a hamburger patty with no bun, no ketchup, just a plain hambuger patty, and enjoy it, and its exactly what you wanted. you paid the price of a full double bacon cheeseburger but you dont care, it tastes just right and you love it. now if the diner claims to have the best double bacon cheeseburger in town or just simply lists double bacon cheeseburger on the menu, when someone else goes and orders one they are going to be like wtf? where is the bun? where is the cheese? wtf is this. your going to be sitting there like wtf, your hungry, eat it . you wont be hungry after you eat it. its a burger so what if it doesnt have ketchup. and that person is going to think you are ridiculous and no matter what you think, that person will be right because regardless if the patty will satisfy their hunger or not its not what they ordered nor is it what the menu said it was.

seriously, i have nothing against 2k or people who "defend" it but come on guys at least be real with yourself. take a deep breath, look at the big picture. regardless of who hates it or loves it, when we are all real, we agree this isnt a "good game" or a "complete game". this is a sad last attempt to make money by a company that is about to go under.
I'll try to repeat myself, I guess.

I never played 2k6 before at all. So, to me, my opinion, 2k8 gameplay is much better than 2k7's. The pitching mechanic isn't the only new mechanic, either. The batting system is brand new and so is the throwing mechanism.

I equate it to loving HH baseball. I played that one on the PC. Even on the PC, there were bugs, graphics that were wretched, but between the chalk lines, played a great game of baseball.

If the commentating and presentation are updated next year (as have been said by 2K), that's icing on the cake for me.

Again, I'm fortunate I'm in the minority where I don't have the framerate issues and I certainly can understand folks being upset having the framerate issue.

Different strokes for different folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »