Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepatrol
Perhaps so. I'm just having a bit of fun.
Look, I agree the game has some serious issues. But if some people are enjoying it, and if they think the gameplay is 'awesome' that's their opinion. I certainly thought some aspects of the gameplay were a refreshing change from that other game and at the very least, fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Look, I agree the game has some serious issues. But if some people are enjoying it, and if they think the gameplay is 'awesome' that's their opinion. I certainly thought some aspects of the gameplay were a refreshing change from that other game and at the very least, fun.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I want to be clear that I'm not comparing 2K8 to the Show. I have never played the Show, don't have a PS3 and am not getting one, so whatever merits that game has are entirely irrelevant to me. I'm playing 2K8 on its own terms, and it really fails to pass muster -- even compared to 2K7, in fact.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
Agreed. Every comment I read like his convinces me more and more that The Show players are secretly jealous of the new pitching/hitting mechanics. It's just as reasonable an explanation as, "2K guys are just forcing themselves to like it to justify their purchase!!!"
This is what I don't get. What about those of us that have both games and still find 2k8 to be significantly behind? Are we secretly jealous of something.

Why even bring The Show in to it. How many posts here have said something similiar to "Well what about the Show's Negatives", "It's a Pro-Show conspiracy, against 2k8". Which if you have any clue as to the history of OS is beyond ridiculousness.

The complaints about this game are for the most part pretty valid. And I wonder how many people who keep talking about the Show not being that great truthfully own it?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #84
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
if this was a thread it wouldve been locked already. os should be ashamed of this dude.
2k7 was crap to me. 2k8 is the most fun i've had with a baseball game in eons.

The framerate is inexcusable and the graphics are a let down but other than that this game is awesome.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #85
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Agreed. There are some very fun things about this game. I love the cards, I love using the right sticks. The commentary, visuals, framerates, and issues with franchise mode that have been there forever are where my problems are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #86
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3

First of all I own both MLB 2K8 for the 360 and MLB 08 The Show for the PS3. I enjoy both games but I have to admit after playing 2K8, The Show feels stale in comparison. Someone asked why bring up The Show in this thread well the reason is in the Can I have my money back? story The Show is talked about in direct comparison to 2K8 at the very beginning with this statement "Unfortunately being an XBOX 360 owner leaves me few options when it comes to choosing a baseball game. In fact it leaves me with just one option: MLB 2K8." I am so sick of comments like this, if The Show is so special do whatever you have to do and buy a PS3 and the game. Problem solved, right?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #87
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
First of all I own both MLB 2K8 for the 360 and MLB 08 The Show for the PS3. I enjoy both games but I have to admit after playing 2K8, The Show feels stale in comparison. Someone asked why bring up The Show in this thread well the reason is in the Can I have my money back? story The Show is talked about in direct comparison to 2K8 at the very beginning with this statement "Unfortunately being an XBOX 360 owner leaves me few options when it comes to choosing a baseball game. In fact it leaves me with just one option: MLB 2K8." I am so sick of comments like this, if The Show is so special do whatever you have to do and buy a PS3 and the game. Problem solved, right?
Problem solved if people feel the investment of a PS3 is worth the price of playing a single game.

The writer was correct, for 360 only gamers, with a budget it is the only game in town. I feel bad for them no matter how great 2k8 is, as having your choices limited is never a good thing.

In all honesty you feel 2k8 is as polished as The Show?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #88
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Problem solved if people feel the investment of a PS3 is worth the price of playing a single game.

The writer was correct, for 360 only gamers, with a budget it is the only game in town. I feel bad for them no matter how great 2k8 is, as having your choices limited is never a good thing.

In all honesty you feel 2k8 is as polished as The Show?
No I do not feel it is nearly as polished, but in my opinion The Show is downright boring and dull. It plays a good game of baseball if set up correctly, but it is to slow moving and I struggle to get in nine innings without dying of boredom and it feels like half the time you aren't even controlling the players. With 2K8 I can play 7-8 games in a row no problem. Basically I think it comes down to classic face button gameplay to exciting and new analog stick gameplay. Gameplay is what it's supposed to be about right? If that's the case 2K8 hands down.

Last edited by Amazin; 03-20-2008 at 08:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »