Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #1441
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
MAAAN Can someone talk about the franchise pleaseeee!!! its 144 pages and its the same comments about the ****** framerate....we get it already....I really need to know how good is the franchise mode. Can we edit cpu teams line ups, do the cpu set lineups realisticly, how are the sim stat? Im on a budget so I cant just gamble and buy this game....renting is not an option
I am guessing since the game has only been out for one day that most people have not had time to get too far along in a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #1442
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

What planet are you from where renting is not an option?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #1443
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i dont get what the controversy on this board is. One group says game has framerate issues and is unplayable, other group says it has framerate issues but its playable. why are the people who can play this game with the framerate issues so defensive against the people who say they cant play the game? just cause it doesnt bother you doesnt mean you need to sell your feelings to set people straight. i have the game, i confirm there is a framerate issue but ill continue playing and get over it.
I'd say because people are going way overboard in trying to critique the game as "unplayable", "atrocious", "an abomination", etc. Those are ridiculous over the top statements that some feel they have to make because they can't properly articulate a view - they only know to choose between one extreme or the other. That's why you see the blowback, because some are trying to characterize the game in such a negative light it sounds ridiculous. And it's almost like the feelings border on hatred, like the game can only be considered a complete failure if it isn't as good as The Show.

Personally, I don't know if people are "returning the game in droves" or not - but I'd think consumers would have at least a *little* more sense when buying a product. There's plenty of information and videos out there, and it's not like the game completely misrepresents what we've seen or heard. But that's what some would lead you to believe and it's sickening. The game is so horrid that some would return a game hours after it released to get less than half it's value? That it's "completely unplayable"? And trying to characterize it as "most" people feeling that way? Just way too over the top imo

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #1444
Banned

OVR: 9

I miss the broadcast style cams for batter walkups. I don't like the floating camera each batter walkup seems to have. I want a broadcast feel when I play.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #1445
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
What planet are you from where renting is not an option?

that wasnt called for homie.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #1446
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Is anyone else having a problem with the batter's eye? Everytime I guess a pitch correctly, it doesn't show up on the screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Help?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #1447
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I am guessing since the game has only been out for one day that most people have not had time to get too far along in a franchise.

I get your point, but I dont think you have to be that far into a franchise to answer those questions.....As for the sim stats I would think someone would sim a season to confirm if those stats we saw from that beta franchise pics, which had a low amount of K's for a pitcher and a LF having 200+ asst...Maybe im asking for too much.......
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #1448
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
that wasnt called for homie.....
What wasn't called for? The real question that was implied - i.e., why is renting not an option? - or the playful way I phrased it? Either way, I'd say saying what I posted wasn't called for wasn't called for. Or are you one of those guys who needs smilies in a post in order to understand that almost nothing related to video games is "serious"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »