Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #1193
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

IMO this is the worst looking and playing baseball game since the late 90's...The last game I remember being this bad was the old EA TRIPLE PLAY series.

Stuttering framerates on and offline...Choppy online play...Horrendous graphics, art and textures and just an overall unpleasant experience...A complete waste of $65.

Now there is no question why a demo and reviews did not come out...I hate to say it but this game took a HUGE STEP backwards...The 3 year plan just turned into a 10 year plan because there is no way this game is on the right track...Its a joke

IMO both the SHOW and MLB2k8 are huge disappointments...The Show is by far a better game but Online play for the Show is horrendous while everything about 2k8 is horrendous. If Sony fixes the online servers for the Show there is no question which game is light years the best game.

I personally wouldn't recommend anyone picking up MLB2k8...that is unless you prefer stuttering framerates, terrible graphics and choppy gameplay.

Last edited by Oldschool17; 03-04-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #1194
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Just curious, if 2K8's pitching is boring then how do you stay awake through The Show which still has the same meter for years or simply pressing a button and "let ratings do the work"?
Dude, why do you CONTINUOUSLY bash The Show??? especially when you've NEVER PLAYED THE GAME...PAL...fanboys...good lord
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #1195
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

MLB2K8 makes me wonder what exactly they (Kush Games) spent 12 months working on. Honestly guys---does this game represent 12 months of work?

I'm upset because this costs us 60 bucks, and I'm not sure this game is worth it. I'm going to e-mail 2Ksports tomorrow.

NHL 07 to 08 shows clear progress. For people that bought MLB2K7, does anyone else feel scammed? If 2K8 achieved constant 60fps, I probably wouldn't be complaining. But this game is clunky in every department.

From the commentary, to crowd sound, to batting controls, definitely fielding control, to menus! I'm pissed, I'm sorry if I'm ripping into this game.

But we should be allowed to vent. This should not be a friendly message board to 2Ksports' baseball any longer. It's time we demand change. Don't look past the flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #1196
MVP

OVR: 10

Whoa! I have the dome open in Toronto!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #1197
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anybody know if there are any downloadable stadiums yet?

Also can anybody tell me what Kosuke Fukudome's rating is, or at least the player that is supposed to be him?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #1198
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I finally finished my 1st game. This title seems to be suffering from the same problem 2k6 had in reference to Choppiness & Studdering. If you really want to see it bad allow the game to replay @ the end & you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can't believe 2k allow this to happen AGAIN... This game is not caching correctly with the Hard Drives & this is why we are seeing the problems that we are seeing.

How do you not double check to make sure your game is caching correctly with the Hard Drives before you ship. I enjoyed getting my butt whoop due having to learn the NEW Total Control Analog Settings. I saw a lot of stuff that wasn't in 2k7, but this caching problem is really not cool..
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #1199
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Dude, why do you CONTINUOUSLY bash The Show??? especially when you've NEVER PLAYED THE GAME...PAL...fanboys...good lord
The Show fan boys are the WORST.The 2k Foums prove that.They pretty much ruined the MLB section of those forums.They have a crazy hatred for 2k.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #1200
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Holy moly!

50 new pages since I checked this this a.m.! How am I meant to sift through all that?

Lots of complaining, though. Looks like two years in a row with no baseball game for me.

That makes me a little sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »