Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #1161
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggerorange73

This game pales in comparison.....
Elaborate. If there is nothing groundbreaking in terms of gameplay in this year's version of The Show (which, as far as I've read there isn't) then I strongly disagree that 2K8 pales in comparison.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #1162
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
The fastball pitch gesture is just impossible for me to do right! I can do curves and sliders no problem yet I can't do the simple fastball.

What am I doing wrong? I always get 50-58% on the gesture. Slowing it down slightly got me near 70 once, but I still can't get much better than that.

Loving the game, btw.
I would say the biggest tip for pitching is do not rush the 2nd motion. Don't thing it's Tiger Woods (if you've ever played it) where you need to slam the joystick upwards. Just relax and go steady and you'll be good to go!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #1163
Banned

gotigers15's Arena

OVR: 5

Just got it from my local Gamestop, played an Indians-Tigers game.

Fielding is improved, presentation and graphics are basically the same though.

I like the new pitching engine, I think it's harder to pinpoint pitches (which is a good thing for sim baseball).

The hitting seems a bit easier, and I noticed that homers seem to be down (granted, I only played 4 innings because I was getting worked over, but still).

I also noticed that you can control all CPU rosters in franchise mode (a definite thumbs up).

Just a normal gamer's quick thoughts.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #1164
Banned

OVR: 5

A few impressions on MLB 2K8(XBOX 360):
  • Hitting: Feels like the same as last year EXCEPT a lot more variety. EX. include more foul bouls, opposite field hits and hitting a foul ball to the catcher is kind of cool now as well.
  • Pitching: It takes a little while to get used to but when you do it is fun and I think 2K did a wonderful job with the machine. For EX. Jeremy Bonderman it is easier to throw certain pitches more effectively than it is Yorman Bazardo, the way it should be.
  • Fielding: I am really digging the new fielding. Off Line throws, and a variety of other throws are very prominent in the game.
  • Have not really dabbled in Franchise mode much but there is more to do than last year, though it seems not a vast upgrade.
  • Player models look great, the fans are decent and the atmosphere is really great. Especially when playing a rival team, ect.
A quick question I have is I was wondering if anyone was planning on working on some sliders for this game?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #1165
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm sorry guys, I just played two more games, and I will say I really do not like 2K8 at all, this is coming from a gamer who used to love 2k back in the day, The pitching is cool but very boring IMO, the graphics are mediocre at best if you ask me, I own both games and the SHow is that much better in the graphics department the atmosphere is dead yes dead, I really haven't had that problem with the frame rate, but man HR's are there a lot, and yes I know how to pitch, I got the pitching down preety good after practicing in the tutorial, this game just seems like a big train wreck for me, it had good intentions but does not delivery much at all, I traded in two games for this and regret it, I can't stress how good it feels to have another choice. I will keep and maybe try and give another chance, but every time I have it playing I wanna play the show....
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #1166
Rookie

OVR: 1

could someone please tell me how to get my playlist onto the game.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #1167
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

WOW, did I just shelled by the Tigers.. I'm really gonna have to get use to this NEW Total Control ANALOG Stuff. I can't pitch, I sux in the outfield & the funny part about it is I FREAKING LUV-IT....
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #1168
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
Am I the only one amazed at the accuracy or signature windups and batting stances???

Im sure there are some that are off but the few games i've played are extremely accurate.

It adds a lot of realism to the game and I am simply amazed
Hi one ?, do you plan on watching or playing this game ???

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »