Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #1145
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Can anyone who has actually played the game tell me if the gameplay is realistic? I found 2k7 to be very unrealistic with most runs being scored by home run. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #1146
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got it 2 hours ago and I love this game. The pitching is amazing. My first game ended in me losing 3-2 to the Bo-Sox. I had a 1 run lead going into the 9th until Many took me deep for a 2 run shot.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #1147
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can anybody say if there are any minor league stadiums available for download yet?

Also can anybody tell me what Kosuke Fukudome's #s are or at least whoever is supposed to be Fukudome?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #1148
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

In all honesty, this is one of the best baseball games I've ever played. In terms of fun factor this game is going to pass MVP '05, I can already tell.

The pitching is so much fun, the hitting is vastly improved and I will stay with the swing stick and the fielding is damn near perfect - the best I've seen in a video game in terms of control and animations.

The criticisms of this game are absurd and I have no idea if they're from The Show fanboys or people who turned the game off after 10 minutes. As long as their are no major franchise glitches this is definitely going to be one of the best baseball games ever.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #1149
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
If you liked 2k7, you will like 2k8.
Aight. I'm gonna open it, play it, and throw out some impressions soon.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #1150
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammy5150
Can anyone who has actually played the game tell me if the gameplay is realistic? I found 2k7 to be very unrealistic with most runs being scored by home run. Thanks.
Yes, the game does infact play a much much better game of simulation baseball. Homeruns are dumbed own and so are scores.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #1151
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Oh, and for anyone whining about the atmosphere...

I was just playing my boy, Yanks at Boston. It was 10-10 (yeah, we were still playing on pro and throwing a decent amount of meatballs) and Jeter was up with a man on third and two outs in the 9th. Papelbon on the hill and once the count got to 1-2 Fenway exploded - much, much better than anything in 2K7. I grounded out and Fenway got even louder.

This game is turning out way better than expected in terms of gameplay.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #1152
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
In all honesty, this is one of the best baseball games I've ever played. In terms of fun factor this game is going to pass MVP '05, I can already tell.

The pitching is so much fun, the hitting is vastly improved and I will stay with the swing stick and the fielding is damn near perfect - the best I've seen in a video game in terms of control and animations.

The criticisms of this game are absurd and I have no idea if they're from The Show fanboys or people who turned the game off after 10 minutes. As long as their are no major franchise glitches this is definitely going to be one of the best baseball games ever.
Good to hear, unfortunately 95% of this thread is littered with people who haven't played a game. I want to hear more feedback from people who have actually played the damn game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »