Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #1273
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

LOL at the people who say The Show is better and there's no debating this. That is your opinion. Many of us don't share it. Let us enjoy the game.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #1274
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
LOL at the people who say The Show is better and there's no debating this. That is your opinion. Many of us don't share it. Let us enjoy the game.
How does people saying the Show is better alter YOUR enjoyment of the game?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #1275
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow! Just picked the game up! So excited for this day... this game sucks! It has very unrealistic gameplay, animations are dry, and graphics aren't all that good. Very disappointed, I guess I'll be playing my PS3 and The Show this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #1276
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Guys go into OPTIONS, then PRESENTATION. Once in PRESENTATION turn every OPTION-OFF except for Replay Frequency. This should help with the choppiness some also
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #1277
Banned

Pierzynski 12's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Wow! Just picked the game up! So excited for this day... this game sucks! It has very unrealistic gameplay, animations are dry, and graphics aren't all that good. Very disappointed, I guess I'll be playing my PS3 and The Show this year.
Good. Go enjoy The Show and have a nice night.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #1278
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
So you're justifying your comments this way?

Back to the impressions, PLEASE! I'd like to hear other's take on how this compares to NCAA MVP and what exactly is so innovative, aside from using the right stick for pitching. Let's cut the bashing of either game; This isn't the thread.

Actually, what I am seeing the most reading through all of these comments is how so many people aren't reading what each other are typing. The biggest problem, as it usually is in a forum, is a lot of insinuation and very little actual, bonafide, reading of what is written and addressing it in the right context.

As to The Show, MVP, Triple Play.....any of them. Why is it OK to compare to MVP and not The Show. Look, you have to face the fact right now that any new game is going to be compared to its predecessors and contemporaries, especially a game such as this one that only has 1 competitor. Its inevitable, and desirable if done in the right frame of mind. You can't just pick one game of the past like MVP 05 or Nascar 2003 or PES 6 or Inside Drive or any other "greatest ever for that sport" and limit yourself to those comparisons. Its hardly objective, and rarely all that useful. You need a bigger scope.

And if you have a problem with "fanboys", of which I am seeing very few real ones here, then stop replying to them! Real fanboys leave when you stop paying attention to them.

Now, back to the impressions, please. And if you have a real comparison with The Show, then please list that. A lot of people are debating on which title to get, and most aren't going to just get both of them. If you read the other forum, you'd know many of them are even debating if they need a PS3 just for the game. They just want a good game of baseball, and if they can't do that with their current setup, they'd like to know that.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #1279
MVP

OVR: 10

Hmmm.........is it a bad thing that I'm scoring almost all of my runs via the homerun?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #1280
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Guys go into OPTIONS, then PRESENTATION. Once in PRESENTATION turn every OPTION-OFF except for Replay Frequency. This should help with the choppiness some also
That sucks we have to do things like this to get it to perform near what it was advertised to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »