Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #1137
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
to everybody having trouble with the pitching, I can't stress enough how important it is to READ THE TUTORIAL!!

I read through all 8 tips of the pitching tutorial and studied them for a second to let my brain process it before pitching and I only threw like 5% meatballs in my first game, a 14-inning game. I also got the achievement for throwing a superb pitch in my first game.

Amen, brotha.
I was getting killed until i finally paid attention to the tutorial.
I'm liking this pitching system more and more!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #1138
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out there. This is a question for the hardcore baseball gamers:

I just bought 2K8. I'm looking at the box as I type this. I have been reading every post on here, and it seems like the only real problem is this whole framerate issue. Now, I only have a 360, and I love baseball (I also enjoyed 2K7 last year). I also refuse to buy a PS3 for one game. So, I guess my question is: Is this framerate issue bad enough for me to skip this game and buy Army of Two instead?
I seriously think the framerate issue is overblown. I am sure its there, but i didnt have much issue with it last year either. Its in people nature to complain about every flaw they find, no matter how minor it is.

I am just waiting for someone so i can go get the game myself.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #1139
Rookie

OVR: 1

just picked it up, and played a few innings.

frame rate isn't THAT BAD, its being blown out of proportion. It is noticeable, nothing to freak out over though.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #1140
MVP

OVR: 13

I concur that the framerate issue is Waaaaay overblown. It's the first day, people are excited and the "other" game is on point so the comparison's are being made. 1 hour in I wasn't thinking about the framerate.

My biggest gripe is that freakin PS3 owners are getting screwed and won't have custom soundtracks. THAT pisses me off. I knew I should have got the 360 version
Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #1141
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out there. This is a question for the hardcore baseball gamers:

I just bought 2K8. I'm looking at the box as I type this. I have been reading every post on here, and it seems like the only real problem is this whole framerate issue. Now, I only have a 360, and I love baseball (I also enjoyed 2K7 last year). I also refuse to buy a PS3 for one game. So, I guess my question is: Is this framerate issue bad enough for me to skip this game and buy Army of Two instead?
If you liked 2k7, you will like 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #1142
Pro

OVR: 8

Very short snipit of my impressions:

The framerate issue is highly overblown IMO. Moved to 720, but kept the fielding camera to "pole" and everything seems pretty smooth. It was a bit choppy at first at 1080i, but the move down to 720 seemed to do the trick....for me at least.

New pitching system - Love it! Took me getting shelled a few times to go into the tutorial practice and force myselft to LEARN the system. Have all the pitches down pretty good now, except the slider for some reason. I'm not going back to the old system.

Hitting - My only gripe thus far. Not that I'm having trouble with it, just the relative ease to make contact. I started out on Legend and was making contact on almost every pitch...seriously! I even moved the contact slider down to 0 and was still making very good contact...almost too good for my liking. I'll hold judgement on this until I tweak sliders more.

I agree with a previous assessment of this game in that 07 actually looked better overall, but I'm pleased with my purchase of 08 nonetheless.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #1143
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

For those of you who have had problems with the framerate: How does it compare to mvp on the pc stutter problem when throwing from 1st to 3rd? About the same? worse?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #1144
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk
Amen, brotha.
I was getting killed until i finally paid attention to the tutorial.
I'm liking this pitching system more and more!
yeah me too. At first it felt a bit awkward and strange but the more I've played with it, the more I've come around and I really like it now. Seems accurate that not every pitch is the same whereas in certain other games you could hit the same point on a pin every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »