Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #441
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Is the system just screwed up this time around? Online it says 2K8 should be in stores today and The Show tomorrow(Wednesday). But the stores are getting them the opposite way....
Wish I could go into EB today and pick them both up.
I plan on doing a split screen of both games playing at the same time with same teams etc.. just to get a comparison. Just for fun really.

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-04-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #442
Rookie

OVR: 6

ugh.......Sounds like The Show is going to sell some playstations for Sony. I might have to get one to play The Show
Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #443
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Is the syetm just screwed up this time around? Online it says 2K8 should be in stores today and The Show tomorrow(Wednesday). But the stores are getting them the opposite way....
Wish I could go into EB today and pick them both up.
I plan on doing a split screen of both games playing at the same time with same teams etc.. just to get a comparison. Just for fun really.
What? 2k8 is in stores today...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 AM   #444
Rookie

KushGamer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Er, as a producer wouldn't you get a copy for free anyway? Or is Take2 really that screwed financially? Would prolly explain the total zero marketing the entire sports line got this year.

Should be getting my copy around noon EST today, will post some impressions after getting a few games in.
Someone is going to send me one. But last year they took a month to get us our free copies. Actually, they gave them to people at VC first and then said, ooops, we didnt order enough for you guys at Kush. Even though WE MADE THE GAME. I bought it on release day last year too. I have no patience when it comes to video games I "need" to play. And baseball certainly qualifies for that. I need to fire up a franchise ASAP.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 AM   #445
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've only got to play one game, and that was against my roommate, so I can't tell you what the computer plays like.

The game does a lot of little things that I've sorely missed about baseball lo' these winter months here in the Big Smoke, I'd probably give it like an 8.

I like the pitching, and the fielding is very fluid. Long throws from the outfield were offline a lot, but we'd both never played the game before, and I can imagine this'll get better the more we play.

Peavy vs Webb was what we did. It started off really tight, but after they started getting worn, the offences took off, and I won 11-8. We just jumped right into 'play now' so I cant tell you what difficulty we were on.

Its a fun game, it's not perfect, but a great improvement from last time I played 2K baseball.

If the game was dissapointing, we were going to sell everything and buy a PS3 and the Show, but I'm pretty sure we'll be sticking with what we have.

My Life Is Sad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #446
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeorreason
I've only got to play one game, and that was against my roommate, so I can't tell you what the computer plays like.

The game does a lot of little things that I've sorely missed about baseball lo' these winter months here in the Big Smoke, I'd probably give it like an 8.

I like the pitching, and the fielding is very fluid. Long throws from the outfield were offline a lot, but we'd both never played the game before, and I can imagine this'll get better the more we play.

Peavy vs Webb was what we did. It started off really tight, but after they started getting worn, the offences took off, and I won 11-8. We just jumped right into 'play now' so I cant tell you what difficulty we were on.

Its a fun game, it's not perfect, but a great improvement from last time I played 2K baseball.

If the game was dissapointing, we were going to sell everything and buy a PS3 and the Show, but I'm pretty sure we'll be sticking with what we have.
Hit any home runs?If so, how were the celebrations?Does it show players high fiving like the Wii version?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #447
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
What? 2k8 is in stores today...
Not according to gamestop/eb at our mall. That's what doesn't make sense. They told me I could pick up The Show today(Tuesday) and 2K8 on Wednesday. I didn't even get the automated call about 2K8 being available today(Tuesday) but I did for The Show.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #448
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushGamer
Someone is going to send me one. But last year they took a month to get us our free copies. Actually, they gave them to people at VC first and then said, ooops, we didnt order enough for you guys at Kush. Even though WE MADE THE GAME. I bought it on release day last year too. I have no patience when it comes to video games I "need" to play. And baseball certainly qualifies for that. I need to fire up a franchise ASAP.
Wow man that royally sucks. I don't blame ya, I wouldn't wanna wait either. Thanks for taking the time to offer an answer to my questions earlier btw as well, after reading your reply I imediately went and preordered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »