Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #409
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

So without reading through all 40 pages... Does someone have the game on this site?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #410
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
So without reading through all 40 pages... Does someone have the game on this site?
A few people do, wish I was one of them but I should get my copy by tomorrow

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #411
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
A few people do, wish I was one of them but I should get my copy by tomorrow
I read back through like 5 pages. Is everyone being smart and just playing it? Im trying to figure out if its gonn a suck like it did a few years ago, where my experience with 2K was putting it in my 360 and taking it out to return it.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #412
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029

Yeah, "kiz5" has it.He answered some questions too.

He even posted a pic of him playing it.

Last edited by HK-47; 03-03-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #413
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Someone has it over at the Gamespot forums too...Heres what he has to say about the game.

"Hey Everyone, after about an Hour & a half with the game,

here are my early Pitching impressions,

The new Analog stick pitching is difficult, especially when playing in Higher Difficulty settings,
put it this way, on All star mode, if you don't accurately hit the analog directions correctly, you'll
throw a "Meatball" pitch that will more then likely end up outta the park, in one game I had the Yanks chase AJ Burnett after 2 Innings, he allowed about 6-7 homers, now again , it was clearly my fault, and there were times that I really wanted to switch back to the precision pitching controls from last year, but then I finally K'd someone and I'm going to try & adapt to the new controls,

Hitting early Impressions:

In about a total of 2 full games & one 3 inning game, I managed to hit ZERO homeruns, thats right..
not one, I was hitting with the blue jays lineup, which has 3-5 guys that can go yard, so the potential was there, I was also swinging with the power sing motion with the hit stick 2.0 feature (similar to last year ) and only managed about 6-8 hits, all singles, minus one Frank Thomas double (of all players) so , it actually may appear that the long ball affect from last years game has been scaled down, but again, it's probably too early to fully judge.

Fielding impressions:
again i'm still getting to know the controls, but as you all know you now throw the ball with the analog stick, which you can hold back longer to get a stronger throw, another actual cool feature was when your chasing fly balls, once your outfielder turns away the ball spotting on the field disappears until your player turns back around to look where the ball is going, pretty cool, also in my short time with the game I did not see any outfield wall scaling or anything that was ever so present in 2K7, not to say that it won't happen, but it didn't in my 2 & a half games.

Graphics appear to be very similar, but there is a loss of resolution that I personally found very
noticeable, atleast compared to last years game, the grass in particular doesn't look as true to life as it did in 2k7, the crowds pretty much look the same as well...

Overall I think this actually is a better game then 2k7, but who knows, maybe a few more games
& my opinion will decline, or perhaps I 'll get a hang of the pitching mechanics & I'll only have good things to say , either way, its not worse then 2k7, soo..thats a good thing right?

My rating, based on my time with the game would be about an 8/10

hope that helps."
Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #414
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
Something I just noticed while starting up a Franchise...

"Edit CPU Rosters" - "When on, you can edit the rosters of all CPU teams. If you would like to trade players among CPU teams, turn the Force Trades option on."

I've never seen a game that had that before!
Well, let's see... there was WSB 2K3, ESPN MLB, MLB 2K5, MLB 2K6, MLB 2K7...

Just harpin' on ya, man. Hopin' you're havin' a fun time with the game!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #415
MVP

OVR: 17

6-7 HRs in 2 innings off meatballs? You gotta be kidding me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #416
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
6-7 HRs in 2 innings off meatballs? You gotta be kidding me
Yeah.. that's the one thing that bothers me. I was hoping most "off" pitches would be passed balls and balls in the dirt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »