Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #433
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Heres the whole post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Someone has it over at the Gamespot forums too...Heres what he has to say about the game.

"Hey Everyone, after about an Hour & a half with the game,

here are my early Pitching impressions,

The new Analog stick pitching is difficult, especially when playing in Higher Difficulty settings,
put it this way, on All star mode, if you don't accurately hit the analog directions correctly, you'll
throw a "Meatball" pitch that will more then likely end up outta the park, in one game I had the Yanks chase AJ Burnett after 2 Innings, he allowed about 6-7 homers, now again , it was clearly my fault, and there were times that I really wanted to switch back to the precision pitching controls from last year, but then I finally K'd someone and I'm going to try & adapt to the new controls,

Hitting early Impressions:

In about a total of 2 full games & one 3 inning game, I managed to hit ZERO homeruns, thats right..
not one, I was hitting with the blue jays lineup, which has 3-5 guys that can go yard, so the potential was there, I was also swinging with the power sing motion with the hit stick 2.0 feature (similar to last year ) and only managed about 6-8 hits, all singles, minus one Frank Thomas double (of all players) so , it actually may appear that the long ball affect from last years game has been scaled down, but again, it's probably too early to fully judge.

Fielding impressions:
again i'm still getting to know the controls, but as you all know you now throw the ball with the analog stick, which you can hold back longer to get a stronger throw, another actual cool feature was when your chasing fly balls, once your outfielder turns away the ball spotting on the field disappears until your player turns back around to look where the ball is going, pretty cool, also in my short time with the game I did not see any outfield wall scaling or anything that was ever so present in 2K7, not to say that it won't happen, but it didn't in my 2 & a half games.

Graphics appear to be very similar, but there is a loss of resolution that I personally found very
noticeable, atleast compared to last years game, the grass in particular doesn't look as true to life as it did in 2k7, the crowds pretty much look the same as well...

Overall I think this actually is a better game then 2k7, but who knows, maybe a few more games
& my opinion will decline, or perhaps I 'll get a hang of the pitching mechanics & I'll only have good things to say , either way, its not worse then 2k7, soo..thats a good thing right?

My rating, based on my time with the game would be about an 8/10

hope that helps."
Ok I was talking about this..
Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #434
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

lol... kiz5 is the only one that has it here.Wait, now that other guy has it too.All three people who we know have it are from Canada!!!!! kiz5,sportsgamer2k6,gamespot kid.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #435
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Gentlemen I have bad news. I went to Wal-Mart and they didn't have it. I did get the Show. However I don't think I am going to play it until after I play 2K8. Once again I'm sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #436
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Gentlemen I have bad news. I went to Wal-Mart and they didn't have it. I did get the Show. However I don't think I am going to play it until after I play 2K8. Once again I'm sorry.

lol j/k.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #437
Rookie

KushGamer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Yeah, they didnt have it at my walmart either. Then i asked the guy about Bully: Scholarship Edition, which is supposed to come out today too, and he said, "the guy never showed up today. We didnt get any of the new games we were supposed to."

Why couldnt they have told me that over the phone? Instead of saying, "Yeah, it should be on sale at midnight. But no, I can't confirm that for sure." Walmart.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #438
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushGamer
Yeah, they didnt have it at my walmart either. Then i asked the guy about Bully: Scholarship Edition, which is supposed to come out today too, and he said, "the guy never showed up today. We didnt get any of the new games we were supposed to."

Why couldnt they have told me that over the phone? Instead of saying, "Yeah, it should be on sale at midnight. But no, I can't confirm that for sure." Walmart.
Er, as a producer wouldn't you get a copy for free anyway? Or is Take2 really that screwed financially? Would prolly explain the total zero marketing the entire sports line got this year.

Should be getting my copy around noon EST today, will post some impressions after getting a few games in.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #439
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushGamer

Walmart is trash when it comes to game releases! You might have to wait til wednesday or midnight tuesday!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 AM   #440
MVP

OVR: 13

Well, I'm going to bed. I'm sure by the time I wake up at 10am, this thread will be 800 posts long with impressions... can't wait to read them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »