Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #425
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
He was playing on All Star according to his post.
I know he said pro somewhere.I think when he was talking about his game versus the Rays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #426
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBondsRod
I think I might be the only one who actually likes this...I want to feel some punishment for messing up. Baseball games in the past seemed to have arbitrary results -- sometimes I would throw a perfect pitch, and the other team would hit a homer, and other times I would throw a horrible pitch, and they'd swing and miss. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm happy there is a punishment-reward system for an individual's mastery of (or lack of) the controls.
But in the big leagues there are a TON of mistake pitches that are not hit for homeruns. You should not be punished 100 percent of the time. Perhaps more like 25 percent. I know there is a meatball slider so I am not too worried yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #427
Pro

HK-47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
The computer won't stop spraying the field! I've been mainly up the middle, but I haven't really tried hitting down the lines.

Playing on the out of the box settings. Pro I believe?

He was playing on pro.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #428
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
He was playing on pro.
What? What the hell is this then??

".... on All star mode, if you don't accurately hit the analog directions correctly, you'll
throw a "Meatball" pitch that will more then likely end up outta the park..."
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #429
Pro

HK-47's Arena

I was looking at some of kiz5's post and he said he saw an option for customizing batter intros!I hope he wasn't just seeing things!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #430
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon4 Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

I picked up the game on Monday afternoon at a gaming store in Downtown Toronto. Here's some quick impressions:

- The menu interface could be better. I don't like the font they used throughout the menus - it's too small at times.

- There is a Jan. 20 roster update when I checked online. Could change tomorrow though.

- I don't know why Aaron Hill is rated only a 72?!! WTF!!!

- A lot of the generic photos of players look bad.

- The in-game presentation is worse than last year. I hate the new camera angle used to show the upcoming batter. Gone are the close-up face zooms of the upcoming batter.

- Graphics actually look a bit worse than last year. The animations though have improved greatly especially the fielding.

- I don't like the slight stutter (load) after each batter - you'll see what I mean when you play the game.

- It seems like most of the commentary from Jon & Joe in 2K7 was reused here.

- Pitching will take sometime to get used to. You'll throw a lot of meatballs when starting.

- Franchise Mode doesn't feel that much different aside from having Minor League teams. It's basically the same thing with a new interface.

- Overall, the game isn't much of a great leap from 2K7. A little disappointed honestly, I guess I was expecting great things. Anyways, The Show is awesome though!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #431
Pro

HK-47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
I'm running a Samsung HDTV. I believe it's the main tv for XBox gaming, so it's definitely not an issue with the tv.

The computer won't stop spraying the field! I've been mainly up the middle, but I haven't really tried hitting down the lines.

Playing on the out of the box settings. Pro I believe?

Right now, it's 9-5 Tampa, against myself, Seattle; in the 7th.

9 runs on 19 hits for TB. 7 hits for 5 runs for myself. Kazmir for 5 Ks, and Hernandez for 4.

Realistic so far.

Some are the same, but there's some that are really, really good. Noticed one on a line drive that hit the pitcher, and replayed it to hear it again.

Yep, there's A TON, and I mean A TON of custom soundtracks available, for basically everything. Between innings, home runs, in between pitches, etc., etc., etc.

Heres the whole post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #432
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer2K6
I picked up the game on Monday afternoon at a gaming store in Downtown Toronto. Here's some quick impressions:

- The menu interface could be better. I don't like the font they used throughout the menus - it's too small at times.

- There is a Jan. 20 roster update when I checked online. Could change tomorrow though.

- I don't know why Aaron Hill is rated only a 72?!! WTF!!!

- A lot of the generic photos of players look bad.

- The in-game presentation is worse than last year. I hate the new camera angle used to show the upcoming batter. Gone are the close-up face zooms of the upcoming batter.

- Graphics actually look a bit worse than last year. The animations though have improved greatly especially the fielding.

- I don't like the slight stutter (load) after each batter - you'll see what I mean when you play the game.

- It seems like most of the commentary from Jon & Joe in 2K7 was reused here.

- Pitching will take sometime to get used to. You'll throw a lot of meatballs when starting.

- Franchise Mode doesn't feel that much different aside from having Minor League teams. It's basically the same thing with a new interface.

- Overall, the game isn't much of a great leap from 2K7. A little disappointed honestly, I guess I was expecting great things. Anyways, The Show is awesome though!!!
Any opinion on the presence of meatballs in the game? Probably the dumbest thing ever incorporated into a baseball video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »