Home

The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club

This is a discussion on The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #1673
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official OS New England Patriots Haterz Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

Referencing this by saying what the Pats did to win the SB proves there was no cheating while gloating and mocking people that used logic and reason to suggest why they think there was cheating is a completely different story.

But again, be THAT guy if you want... but when you're called on it, man up. And feel free to call out any "anti-Pats" fans that want to stoop down to that level too.
Reason and logic? Considering all the side stories that have come up during Deflate-gate, can you truly even use logic or reasoning to address that mess of a story anymore?

Gloating and mocking? Wow ok. View it anyway you want if you can't take a moderate amount of sports banter. But such gloating and mocking is only initiated by me? But there's the liberty to only mock the Pats and all of that is then swept under the rug? Like I said, the double standard here is just awful.

I know this thread was started as a joke, but you look around, is there any sort of specific thread against any other single NFL team in this subsection? No. Someone can start an Seahawks haterz, or Niner haterz thread or whatnot here and he/she would probably be branded a troll and the thread would probably end after the 5th post. The world doesn't revolve around the Patriots, but I can tell that this environment is about as much 'the world against the Patriots' as it gets. Maybe I brought this all to myself, because I posted my message in the worst place possible, who knows? But I do know that if I want to express my personal view of my team and my quarterback, and to one-up(again, gloating and mocking banter right?) a fan from a rival team that tries to put an asterisk to the great event that took place yesterday, it's certainly not here now.

That's all you're gonna hear from me. There is no need for me to call anyone out, to man up here as a Pats homer would probably get me nowhere and I realize that anyway, no need to fall for your bait like that. I intended to end the argument in my previous post to avoid any further argument about stuff like this, not because I don't feel up to continue arguing, but because quite frankly, it's pointless. Feel free to reply if you're obligated to have the last word.

Last edited by Heatcheck3s; 02-02-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #1674
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

All is right in the Football World.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #1675
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatcheck3s
Reason and logic? Considering all the side stories that have come up during Deflate-gate, can you truly even use logic or reasoning to address that mess of a story anymore?
Those who haven't have also been appropriately called out. If you've found posts that haven't feel free to do it. If any of this you're talking about is with fans outside of OS then please keep your reactions to it outside of OS.

Quote:
Gloating and mocking? Wow ok. View it anyway you want if you can't take a moderate amount of sports banter. But such gloating and mocking is only initiated by me? Like I said, the double standard here is just awful.
Sure seems like you're the one who can't take it. No double standard by me at all. Your post was ridiculous. If an "anti-Pats fan" made a similarly ridiculous post I'd call them out too.

Quote:
I know this thread was started as a joke, but you look around, is there any sort of specific thread against any other single NFL team in this subsection? No. Someone can start an Seahawks haterz, or Niner haterz thread or whatnot here and he/she would probably be branded a troll and the thread would probably end after the 5th post. The world doesn't revolve around the Patriots, but I can tell that this environment is about as much 'the world against the Patriots' as it gets. Maybe I brought this all to myself, because I posted my message in the worst place possible, who knows? But I do know that if I want to express my personal view of my team and my quarterback, and to one-up(again, gloating and mocking banter right?) a fan from a rival team that tries to put an asterisk to the great event that took place yesterday, it's certainly not here now.
Still using the victim card to justify your post? BTW someone suggested a Seahawks thread. My response to them was that they can feel free to start it (pretty sure that happened in this thread so you must have read it... right?).

Personally, I think pounding your chest after your team wins and running around calling people out for things unrelated to the game probably shouldn't be happening anywhere. But yes, if you're going to do it, the actual SB game thread would've probably been the appropriate place. If you just wanted to "one-up a fan from a rival team that tries to put an asterisk to the great event that took place yesterday" then quote that fan you're talking about. As is, I see no fan who has said anything about an asterisk on yesterday's game. Personally I would've called such a post from this imaginary fan ridiculous.[/quote]

Quote:
That's all you're gonna hear from me. There is no need for me to call anyone out, to man up here as a Pats homer would probably get me nowhere and I realize that anyway. I intended to end the argument in my previous post to avoid any further argument about stuff like this. Feel free to reply if you're obligated to have the last word.
I don't reply to get the last word, but continue with these tactics... pretty poor form. I welcome your reply and won't think any less of you if you chose not to.

In your replies you've said you have a problem with something said in the original post (while acknowledging you know this thread is a joke so not sure how that even connects), have a problem with the Pats being the only team having a thread like this, and have said multiple times about some double standard against the Pats and their fans.

However, your post says none of these things. In your post, you represent the reason many don't like Pats fans... which is what I responded to. If that's not you and you only did it bc of these other reasons, you picked a horrible way to express yourself. But maybe that is you and you're upset about being called out bc of all the other reasons. But if every team had a "Haterz" thread and it was clear there was no double standard with your favorite team, the post would still be gloating, mocking, with no substance and just chest pounding so I'm not sure what the angle of arguing is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #1676
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm not exactly sure what the double standard is as it hasn't been explained, but being upset about people hating the Patriots, The Patriots Way™, Patriot Nation™ etc. is pretty naive. Brady and Belichick have done it their way (which includes bending rules, breaking rules, using turd players to win, etc) since 2000 and rolled pretty much every team at one time or another. Of course an irrational level of hate grows.

If the Bills were in the place of the Patriots yesterday I'd still be crying and ****ting myself and I'd have to call off work for a week, but our situations are different. I definitely hate the Patriots more than I hate anti-vaxxers, but I can empathize for a hot minute and say: you should be happy after that insane win. Even if the Seahawks lost it on the dumbest playcall in the world

If you're upset at fans on here giving others ****, not respecting them, dismissing their ideas, etc. that is just how this forum is, and probably NFL fandom in general. We listen and read what only we listen and read, and we are more familiar with our specific teams than any other fans.

When the Steelers were winning all you heard about was how their QB was a ****bird who hates women... when the Ravens were winning, how Ray Lewis literally murdered people and Suggs loves throwing women down stairs... when the Bills won games this year we were told to shut up, your team isn't that good, you have Kyle Orton.

The Boston fanbase really brings it on themselves a lot of the time - Bill Simmons is basically the picture of a Boston fan - woe is me 24/7, crying about not winning a championship when you won one a few years ago, smugness, etc. A few more characteristics that violate the OS TOS and he'd be a spitting image. Add to that the the national outlets love Brady, Kraft, The Patriot Way™ etc and it makes a perfect recipe for hatorade.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

Last edited by muggins; 02-02-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #1677
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 02-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #1678
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Her face fits the sign... the 13 year old does not look as thrilled about it.

Don't worry kid, I hate parades too.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #1679
Banned

OVR: 18

You have to hand it to the Pats. I don't think Brady used deflated balls in the 4th quarter of the SB. By all rights the Pats and Brady/Belichick should be 6-0 well maybe 5-1.
How many coaches wouldn't have run Lynch again from the 1 after he just picked up 7 on the previous play. Screw what the stats say about his success running the ball in close the guy is a beast. He's a schmuck but he is an animal.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #1680
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
You have to hand it to the Pats. I don't think Brady used deflated balls in the 4th quarter of the SB. By all rights the Pats and Brady/Belichick should be 6-0 well maybe 5-1.
How many coaches wouldn't have run Lynch again from the 1 after he just picked up 7 on the previous play. Screw what the stats say about his success running the ball in close the guy is a beast. He's a schmuck but he is an animal.
Why should they be 6-0, let alone 5-1? Things happen in football games. A bounce or two different in any SB or other playoff games and they could easily be 0-6 or 0-3. They're 3-3 and should be 3-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »