Home

Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

This is a discussion on Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

I used to "try" to play this on my 386 back in the day..will definitely be getting this one!

Too many games today are intense and we need more relaxing games...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #34
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

I love reading the comments on YouTube on this about how much power this game is going to take to run. I'm guessing the Xbox One version won't look anything like the trailers?
Old 11-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #35
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Man!! I cant wait...This flt sim looks amazing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #36
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molarmite
I love reading the comments on YouTube on this about how much power this game is going to take to run. I'm guessing the Xbox One version won't look anything like the trailers?
They haven't really said in the trailers what version (Xbox or PC) is being shown. I wonder if the key is going to be internet speed since it is using Bing maps rather than processor speed.

I can't believe this is coming out next year. I send people who don't know about this Youtube links and they're immediate reaction is disbelief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I used to "try" to play this on my 386 back in the day..will definitely be getting this one!

Too many games today are intense and we need more relaxing games...
Relaxing? I don't know about that. Flying in a thunderstorm or snow storm is going to be intense.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #37
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Been meaning to chime in but busy...

Really looking forward to seeing the final product.
I've use MS Flight Sims for years and still have all disks I believe.
Even bought the Steam version a while back.

I've currently been using X-Plane 11.

My problem is even though I always want to dive in and get deep. I see what some are doing online and thing holy crap.. Lots of equipment lol
Then I get in the sim and get a tad overwhelmed.

I need to get over that and just get what I need for basics and go slow and eventually keep adding new stuff.
Wasn't too many birthdays ago (well a lot really) that I knew the ends and outs of Falcon 4.0 and everything was second nature. Just hope the old brain still has that in there.

I usually do triple screen but have been doing X-Plane in VR and that's a new world.
Really great experience. Only issue (as far as X-Plane) is when doing tutorials/lessons they didn't think VR through and the box that comes up with instructions only come on screen and not VR headset.

Other than that it's a blast.

Anyways to make long story a tad longer I am really wanting to go deeper into the genre.
Going to order new Saitek system soon as I've always just used my TM flight stick etc..

I'd like to have a dedicated flight/race desk next to my main desk... so we'll see.

Just waiting see to final specs to be able to run the new MS sim at acceptable rates...
Then probably a lot of "I love you honey" moments while ordering new parts

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #38
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

It's on my wish list too and I'm expecting it to release closer to end of year along side Microsoft's launch products but here's a Dev Road Map regarding their Alpha release scheduled June 11, as well as some nice screen shots.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:48 AM   #39
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Been meaning to chime in but busy...

I usually do triple screen but have been doing X-Plane in VR and that's a new world.
Really great experience. Only issue (as far as X-Plane) is when doing tutorials/lessons they didn't think VR through and the box that comes up with instructions only come on screen and not VR headset.
I've also jumped into X-Plane recently and have the same issue with VR. I only have the demo at the moment, but if they could fix this for VR it would be a no brainer purchase for me (I'm still going to end up getting it anyways).
Old 06-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #40
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'd always been intrigued by flight sims, and tried a number of times to get into them, but was always quickly overwhelmed. However, I found the MSFS trailer so stunning that I decided to give it another try, and dove into my copy of FSX on Steam.

Fast forward a couple months, and after a steep and often frustrating learning curve, I can't get enough of flight simming. I've since moved on to Prepar3D and XP11, and more advanced GA and airliner addons, and man are they fun and satisfying to learn and fly.

Whether GA flights in remote Alaska, or completing a long haul in a wide body between two major international hubs, it's the perfect combination of relaxing and satisfying that suits a mid 30s gamer like me. Suffice it to say, I absolutely can't wait to explore the world in the fidelity that MSFS 2020 is going to offer on day one, but am just as stoked over how that will improve over time with upgrades and addons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »