Home

Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

This is a discussion on Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #9
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

So is there any confirmation that this is a real-world map or should we assume it'll be missing some areas to contract the size of the map and keep all the pretty stuff?

Kind of like a Euro Truck Sim situation?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
So is there any confirmation that this is a real-world map or should we assume it'll be missing some areas to contract the size of the map and keep all the pretty stuff?

Kind of like a Euro Truck Sim situation?
There is one way to find out. Signup for the Microsoft Flight Simulator insider program. I just did !

https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/
Old 06-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

A little more info on what the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program is all about and what it gets you:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsof...to-test-builds

"Microsoft didn’t mention it yesterday, but Twitter user Klobrille has discovered that there’s an Insider Program for the upcoming simulation game. According to the program description, members will enjoy “exclusive behind-the-scenes updates from developers and partners, gain access to preview builds, and advanced content updates before the general public.

Preview builds will be released through the Xbox Insider Hub, so you’ll need to sign up for the Xbox Insider Program and have the app installed on your PC. The developers don’t guarantee that all Insiders will get access to the first preview builds,
"

There also is a coming soon Forum to have discussions and ask questions. I have no doubt it will open up when the Insider Program begins or at least I hope it does.

Last edited by Heat_Fan; 06-14-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I haven't really flown in a couple years, but I was pretty big into FSX/Prepar3d. I bought a lot of Aerosoft/PMDG planes, etc. I've always just used a joystick (never had a yoke), though, since I have always used my PC for a lot of stuff besides flight simming.

I haven't flown lately for whatever reason. I got a new computer and reinstalling all that stuff is so painful...

This new trailer sure looks promising. It's surely beautiful, although I have to wonder what type of PC you need to be able to handle it. I hope it is as "sim" as FS 98/2000/2002/2004/X and doesn't dumb it down too much...which I'm a little concerned about seeing as they want to release it on consoles.

If it's as beautiful as shown and lives up to the "simulator" billing, then I'm definitely in. I think VFR flying would be a lot of fun with those graphics.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
This is a really good article that's worth the read and ask similar questions. Such as the technology is there to accurately map the entire world because there are add-on packs that are sold that offer that.

The BIG question is if Microsoft is willing to upset companies such as OrbX who sell and cater to that market? Microsoft is capable of doing that but will they?

Flight Simulator 2020: Exciting new ride or a doomed tailspin in a crowded market?
Armchair aviation geeks, assemble!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...020_announced/
Old 06-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #14
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
This is a really good article that's worth the read and ask similar questions. Such as the technology is there to accurately map the entire world because there are add-on packs that are sold that offer that.

The BIG question is if Microsoft is willing to upset companies such as OrbX who sell and cater to that market? Microsoft is capable of doing that but will they?

Flight Simulator 2020: Exciting new ride or a doomed tailspin in a crowded market?
Armchair aviation geeks, assemble!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...020_announced/
Seems like a tough call to enable all that old stuff vs. moving to something new and amazing....but i guess MS Flight tried that and died?
Old 06-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #15
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

The trailer looked amazing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #16
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Wow! This is a pleasant surprise. Thought this series was dead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »