Home

Resident Evil 6

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Resident Evil 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
If Wesker really is back, this game better be a reboot and not a continuation of RE5's events.
Spoiler

I loved RE4 and RE5. However, I do hope the series returns to darker and creepier settings with a single-player campaign. It needs more scares and "Oh $@#%, I'm out of ammo" moments, which can only be accomplished by single-player.

Multiplayer is a whole different story. Capcom needs to rethink their online modes. Slayer and Survivors are just plain terrible. Getting shot by other players while trying to chain a zombie-death combo is unbelievably frustrating. I'd make the online component some co-op challenge levels and just leave it at that. RE doesn't need deathmatch modes, and the control setup is just not conducive for user vs. user shootouts.
I don't mind RE4 and 5, as long as they go back to the kind of settings and atmosphere used in the first set of releases. This franchise I think got too convoluted as they were trying to add-in time lines and events out of nowhere to build this huge mythos. They did a great job, but time to go back to the basics. I would love the RE5 engine with the atmosphere in RE1-CVX........and no stupid backtracking or puzzles that require to backtrack 2-3 times. Puzzles can be brought back, but done in a clever way where they don't hamper the game.

IMO, this franchise needs a reboot and now that Capcom has several years worth of material they can really make a compelling RE franchise.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

I would love it if this franchise went away from the 3rd person action shooter mode and back to the original "survival horror" mode. I did love RE4 (I skipped on RE5 because I didn't like the forced co-op premise). My ideal situation is they do something along the lines of the 1st game except with Kinect support. The survival horror genre seems to be perfectly suited for Kinect.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

This is what they need to remake. A game that never came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
I would love it if this franchise went away from the 3rd person action shooter mode and back to the original "survival horror" mode. I did love RE4 (I skipped on RE5 because I didn't like the forced co-op premise). My ideal situation is they do something along the lines of the 1st game except with Kinect support. The survival horror genre seems to be perfectly suited for Kinect.
That was the only thing that bugged me some, was the forced co-op. Other than that it was good.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Yah, they need to keep the 3rd person perspective... it works SO well when done correctly (see: Dead Space 1 & 2, and RE4).
Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

RE1 is still one of my favorite games of all time. I was genuinely creeped out by it.
I still remember early on in the game when you descend the stairs. The camera angle purposely kept whatever was making that scraping noise off screen.
There were so many cool moments like that.

If they do a reboot, I hope it's done right. I don't need a lot of crazy giant beings, or flying giant wasps. Stick to zombies and make the atmosphere proper.

The later games weren't as scary because some of the beings you fought were just ridiculous.

shakedowncap, I played RE4 but I barely remember it.
What was so different between that and the one that wasn't release? What's the backstory to that?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
RE1 is still one of my favorite games of all time. I was genuinely creeped out by it.
I still remember early on in the game when you descend the stairs. The camera angle purposely kept whatever was making that scraping noise off screen.
There were so many cool moments like that.

If they do a reboot, I hope it's done right. I don't need a lot of crazy giant beings, or flying giant wasps. Stick to zombies and make the atmosphere proper.
Resident Evil 2 is the one that scared the **** out of me. The ****ing crows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Resident Evil 2 is the one that scared the **** out of me. The ****ing crows.
Hahaha, I remember those! Great game!

And I really enjoyed "Code Veronica" too. Although, I didn't like it when I failed to get the rocket launcher and had to start all the way back because I couldn't beat one boss without it! Hahaha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »