Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-22-2023, 02:47 PM   #153
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

I think NFL 2k is just a pipe dream at this point
Old 02-23-2023, 12:41 PM   #154
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I think NFL 2k is just a pipe dream at this point
At this point, until it is formally announced, I've been treating it like it doesn't exist. There's no need for speculation for what it is or when it's coming out until we hear concrete rumors. We don't know the title or even which 2k development team is developing the game.

For me, the announcement of the College Football game, lessened the desire for an alternative football game. I don't know why, but i have more faith in CFB than Madden. The non-simulation aspect of whatever 2k will develop has me not certain how to feel. Least with CFB, I know if they stick to the core basics, I'll enjoy it
Old 02-23-2023, 02:50 PM   #155
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I still play 2K5 and will continue to do so as long as there isn't a viable alternative option for me. For all I know, this new 2K game may be too arcadey for my taste and I'll stick with 2K5.

But yes, every year that passes by without an announcement makes me pine for it less. Not that it'll be the case once announced of course, but I'm just becoming more desensitized.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2023, 07:05 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I still play 2K5 and will continue to do so as long as there isn't a viable alternative option for me. For all I know, this new 2K game may be too arcadey for my taste and I'll stick with 2K5.

But yes, every year that passes by without an announcement makes me pine for it less. Not that it'll be the case once announced of course, but I'm just becoming more desensitized.
That's why I never tried to speculate about the game. Not getting my hopes up. I have been become desensitized to it to where if it's something too arcadey, it is what it is.

Before 2020, I could always go back to All Pro 2k8 once in a while. From a pure gameplay perspective, it's my favorite football game. If it wasn't too shallow of a game, I could still go back to 2k8
Old 02-23-2023, 10:51 PM   #157
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

When is 2k financial call?
Old 02-23-2023, 10:53 PM   #158

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
When is 2k financial call?
It was February 6th.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:02 AM   #159
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The longer it takes, the more I forget 2k is even developing an NFL game, but at the same time, the longer it takes, the more it reinforces the idea to me that this is not going to be a very simplistic arcade football game. I can't imagine 2k would spend this amount of time on a game if it were going to be the simple arcade style of game many of us originally were expecting when the announcement first came.

Now that we are sitting here 3 years later without much talk about the game, it's either going terrible and is potentially getting cancelled, or the rumors about 2k putting in real effort to really try and blur the lines of what is and isn't sim with the game are true and that is exciting to think about.

― Plato
Old 02-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #160
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

My biggest hope is that they have a great physics system, no matter the kind of game we're going to get. Canned tackle animations and I'll be extremely disappointed, even if they had thousands of them.

I do feel like this "taking longer" is a result of working on such a system.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »