Home

NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #73
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2016-17 Roster Update (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIFvet07tlab
Well, I was going to post a link to the projected 2-deep depth chart for Ohio St. but this is my first post and was unable to do so but it's on eleven warriors if that's any help.
I think I found the one you're talking about and have added it to the first post.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIFvet07tlab
Also what is done about player progression for players who did not make AA or AC but was a star recruit coming in and was redshirted? i.e. someone like Torrance Gibson. Do they stay the same? Surely they will be a better football player development wise after a year of being part of a college program.
For redshirt players I take into account recruiting rating as well as where they fit in the depth chart. If a true freshman player passes them, their rating will be lowered to compensate. If they become a breakout player in camp, their rating will be raised to reflect that. For now I would keep the rating the same until I can get an idea of how they're performing in camp.

Torrance Gibson is a unique case. He was a highly rated QB recruit that was switched to wide receiver but really seems set on trying to play QB at some point. He has done his own private workouts working on QB skills. As I mentioned before, I would probably keep him the same (or maybe a very slight bump) for now unless he really shows improvement in the WR aspect of the game during spring/fall camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
Also guys this year we should watch out for team captains since we have no way of changing them with editor. I know it wont be perfect bcuz captains are normally not announced until way later in the year. But it will be way more realistic to have the top 2 players for a team as captains then a freshman or guy buried on the depth chart.
Minnesota has already named their captains (Source)!

Having a player buried on the depth chart being set as an Impact Player isn't really the best option. The Impact Player "Star" can change from game to game. A freshman buried on the depth chart could get the "Star" when he actually plays. I think it would be better to just pick 3 of the captains.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 AM   #74
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
Minnesota has already named their captains (Source)!

Having a player buried on the depth chart being set as an Impact Player isn't really the best option. The Impact Player "Star" can change from game to game. A freshman buried on the depth chart could get the "Star" when he actually plays. I think it would be better to just pick 3 of the captains.
I don't think you understood what i meant. I meant we should watch for team captains when we remove players that way we can change that player to a guy who is actually a team captain or star player. I think the game only has 2 captains per team also. A lot of people said something about freshman or guys buried on the depth chart coming out for the coin toss so this way if we changed it when we had a chance it would make the game a little more realistic.

I am going to take the file

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 02-09-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:30 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
I think I found the one you're talking about and have added it to the first post.

Thanks!

For redshirt players I take into account recruiting rating as well as where they fit in the depth chart. If a true freshman player passes them, their rating will be lowered to compensate. If they become a breakout player in camp, their rating will be raised to reflect that. For now I would keep the rating the same until I can get an idea of how they're performing in camp.

Torrance Gibson is a unique case. He was a highly rated QB recruit that was switched to wide receiver but really seems set on trying to play QB at some point. He has done his own private workouts working on QB skills. As I mentioned before, I would probably keep him the same (or maybe a very slight bump) for now unless he really shows improvement in the WR aspect of the game during spring/fall camp.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 03:00 AM   #76
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Alright i am super tired i will finish up Michigan tomorrow.

Gamertag: BossHawgMichigan

Check: Michigan - WR - Eddie McDoom is on the team
Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #77
Rookie

sean15012's Arena

I'm taking the file. I'll post once it is back up.

Finally finished editing. Nevada is updated with top incoming freshman/JUCO's. Numbers aren't available, so those will have to be updated at spring ball.

File is under: sean15012
Player Check: Nevada WR Trevion Armstrong

Last edited by sean15012; 02-09-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: completed editing
Old 02-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #78
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Scratch that guys i cannot take the file bcuz the check is not there i will wait until Sean gets back on again.

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 02-09-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #79
Rookie

sean15012's Arena

My bad, guys. It's up now and confirmed under my locker: sean15012

Sorry again, I have a home office I work from so I get a lot of calls/distractions at a given day.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #80
Just started!

Did you download the new roster yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »