Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2016, 01:02 AM   #113
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I'm not currently looking at the guide, but did you swap conferences and just add teams to the conferences?
Yea, I basically took each conference and redistributed teams to them but keeping the conference totals the same: example

Before: Pac10 (10), ConfUSA (12), BigEast(8), Mountain West (9), MAC (12), Big Ten (11),

After: Pac12 (12 from Conf USA), Mountain West (8 - from Big East), ConfUSA(9 - from MtWest), MtWest (8 - from Big East), Big Ten (12 from MAC), Mac switch with Big Ten...

And then I had to swap even more teams around because teams moved to different conferences - thats the TSWP csv file.

It's a bit complicated but it worked in the end at least on PSP.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:04 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Yea, I basically took each conference and redistributed teams to them but keeping the conference totals the same: example

Before: Pac10 (10), ConfUSA (12), BigEast(8), Mountain West (9), MAC (12), Big Ten (11),

After: Pac12 (12 from Conf USA), Mountain West (8 - from Big East), ConfUSA(9 - from MtWest), MtWest (8 - from Big East), Big Ten (12 from MAC), Mac switch with Big Ten...

And then I had to swap even more teams around because teams moved to different conferences - thats the TSWP csv file.

It's a bit complicated but it worked in the end at least on PSP.
That's strange that it doesn't work on the ps2.

You wouldn't happen to know where the recruit tab is?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:15 AM   #115
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
That's strange that it doesn't work on the ps2.

You wouldn't happen to know where the recruit tab is?
Try MRCT. I think thats it. There's some more stuff about recruits thats in the Strmdata.db file on the Data folder of the disc too. I think thats how the screen populates with data from the data table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 01:27 AM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Try MRCT. I think thats it. There's some more stuff about recruits thats in the Strmdata.db file on the Data folder of the disc too. I think thats how the screen populates with data from the data table.
I don't think that's it. Maybe the db file holds the info. I probably shouldn't go by newer gen and an more updated game, but looking at the custom 2016 recruit file, it shows 2700+ recruits. That MRCT tab only has 180 records.

Last edited by Brock; 04-01-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #117
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
I don't think that's it. Maybe the db file holds the info. I probably shouldn't go by newer gen and an more updated game, but looking at the custom 2016 recruit file, it shows 2700+ recruits. That MRCT tab only has 180 records.
I think I got a file working! It's simming through half the season now.... slowly

BTW, one can edit the COCH table and choose the team they wanna play as in (PFUC) that save file I just posted.

- - -

Still need to put in a better schedule/bowl file and use real name rosters but I think this is a good proof of concept.

For PSP, I'm simming through 4 years without any issues on the realignment now
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA15-Realign.max.zip (358.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 04-01-2016 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:59 AM   #118
MVP

So it works for the ps2 now? I'm getting the second season of my dynasty together right now.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:17 AM   #119
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
So it works for the ps2 now? I'm getting the second season of my dynasty together right now.
Well this save works. but it uses the default, unnamed roster. I'll try it again with the 2015 roster set. Or import it into the dynasty.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:47 AM   #120
MVP

Ok, so I downloaded the most updated emulator (downloaded 0.9.6 at first, because it was the last one I remembered, and it's been so long since I've used it, I didn't know they continuously updated it lol), I wasn't using a pc emu, prior, so that's why I was having issues.

Anyway, I went through and was able to bypass the draft and advance to rookie signings. And your contract edits apply to the rookies! Trevone Boykin and Dak Prescott were drafted 2&3 respectively, and they had contracts around 20 million. (I tested with the rookie contracts fix with the nza editor and boykin then had a 42mil contract, at 80 overall.)

Also, since I now have the pc emulator working, hopefully it's only the first season, but I'd be fine if I needed to do it every offseason, since some of the work needed to be done has to be done on my pc anyway.

Edit: Actually contracts are kinda weird, I think it could be because the class wasn't that good or something. But there was a second rounder with an 83 ovr and he had a 7 mil contract. Anyway, do you have madden amp 3.6?

Another edit: I think that the franchise is broken for regular ps2's, it seems to only fully work for the emulator. This is probably going to be issue for people who don't want to control all of the teams. I encountered an issue in the start of the preseason, so I decided to just control all of the teams and manually fix them. Another bug I discovered was that when the game played someone away the game crashes before you can even start a game with them, but home games are fine.

On the NCAA side, games then to crash in the second quarter. I experienced this mainly when trying to do the playoffs. Also in the first game of the second season it happened as well.

And editing players appearances on NCAA seems to "correct" their overralls?

Last edited by Brock; 04-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »