Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #553
Rookie

RanRon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

I've read through the impressions and i've played the demo on PS3 and 360 and I'm still undecided. The demo seems fun, totally different from cH2K but still fun. My biggest question is does it have long term value. Is offline dynasty fun and somewhat realistic?

NCAA 09 - VT Hokies
Madden 09 - Cowboys
NBA2K9- Hawks
CH 2K8 - VT Hokies
Old 01-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #554
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRon
I've read through the impressions and i've played the demo on PS3 and 360 and I'm still undecided. The demo seems fun, totally different from cH2K but still fun. My biggest question is does it have long term value. Is offline dynasty fun and somewhat realistic?
yes

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #555
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRon
I'd say no. I was in the exact same situation as you, loved the demo, but after buying the game and playing it, it really didn't hold the same level of excitement for me. Playing zone against the computer is a joke, and basically ruined the game for me. To each is own though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #556
Banned

OVR: 17

this game wears thin very quickly...it doesnt have much in terms of dynamic gameplay and depth. Everything is oversimplified and kept lite for people to jump in and enjoy. There is no sense of battling going on. And when the games are close it really just feels like an up and down the court back and forth of quick scoring drives. The game artifically tries to create momentum to the point were it feels forced and the lack of any realism under the boards makes the game feel even more shallow

I love the visuals on the court and the player models have this cool cartoony "Good Times" look to them which I enjoy. But many of the animations lack fluidity completely from transistion to transistion. So what you may see is totally fluid animations for certain moves but then totally insect like choppy transitions for others which ruins the overall fluidness of the gameplay.

This game needs a few more years of work....College Hoops 2K8 is still a deeper much more engrossing experience, On and Off the court in Dynasty Mode!

However, I'll still keep renting EA's game each year hoping that they catch up with 2K in the gameplay department
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #557
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
this game wears thin very quickly...it doesnt have much in terms of dynamic gameplay and depth. Everything is oversimplified and kept lite for people to jump in and enjoy. There is no sense of battling going on. And when the games are close it really just feels like an up and down the court back and forth of quick scoring drives. The game artifically tries to create momentum to the point were it feels forced and the lack of any realism under the boards makes the game feel even more shallow

I love the visuals on the court and the player models have this cool cartoony "Good Times" look to them which I enjoy. But many of the animations lack fluidity completely from transistion to transistion. So what you may see is totally fluid animations for certain moves but then totally insect like choppy transitions for others which ruins the overall fluidness of the gameplay.

This game needs a few more years of work....College Hoops 2K8 is still a deeper much more engrossing experience, On and Off the court in Dynasty Mode!

However, I'll still keep renting EA's game each year hoping that they catch up with 2K in the gameplay department
My sentiments EXACTLY. I really was digging this game the first few weeks I had it - but it's just not good enough to play over the long haul. I'm back to College Hoops 2K8 and I am enjoying that game very much so.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #558
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

I have a couple of questions I'm wondering is someone can answer for me.

1.) How is the dynasty? Recruiting? Rankings? Tournaments?
2.) How is the commentary? I don't really enjoy Dick Vitale but how is Brad Nessler in the game?
3.) Has anyone played with UVA? How are they? What is their style of play?

I'm looking to get this game b/c I need a college basketball fix and there is no College Hoops Thanks in advance!
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #559
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quick question, are the ball/rim physics improved over the demo? What I mean, every shot in the demo that went in, was always a swish.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #560
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I love the visuals on the court and the player models have this cool cartoony "Good Times" look to them which I enjoy.
What?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »