Home

NBA2k23 will be last gen version

This is a discussion on NBA2k23 will be last gen version within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2022, 12:31 AM   #17
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA2k23 will be last gen version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon7727
Question for the PC community, have any of you seen the Youtube videos featuring 2k23 concept gameplay? I know these are done on PC with mods, but jeeez. I've historically been playing the game on console for years, but I compared my 2k22 next gen PS5 to some of these videos and thought to myself that the PC mod videos are how "next gen" is supposed to look.

Sure, not everything was great, but the players looked taller and don't have the slight hunch when they stand up similar to NBA Live models. The arena lighting looks better, the arena sounds are more realistic, the courts look and crowds look better, and I couldn't get over how good the actual TNT, CBS, etc. overlays with the commentary were.

I don't have a good PC to play the game on PC which is why I have a Ps5, but it makes me wish I did just so I could hook my game up with mods and a good slider/roster set.

Yeah those videos are basically showcases for PC mods.

Now imagine what the PC community could do if they had the new-gen version to work with. Better graphical assets/Upgraded lighting (Fixed arenas, player faces AND bodies, scoreboards, menu graphics, etc), Better Audio FX (eg. crowd audio). The sky's the limit honestly.

Quite unfortunate for the community that 2K decided not to bring their PC offering up to par with their latest and greatest tech.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #18
Rookie

Sreister's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This one is just fact. PC gamers would rather spend money on building a PC rather than on building Myplayer. I've bought console and PC versions so I can play with my brothers and friends on console. PC for modding accuracy since 2k refuses to update some players but since it's not next gen no point in getting it this year.

It would be nice but it took a long time for EA to finally change to next gen. I'm afraid we will be waiting for a bit for Madden and NBA2k to make a jump to next gen.

Honestly this take is just too subjective to argue. That's more of a "to each their own" because if someone has $3k to spend on a PC I imagine, if they wanted, they could do another $1-200 on a build.

I would argue, and is more my experience having played the last 4 years on PC, is that Park is what deters me from spending. All the hacks and cheats run WILD online, which deters players from playing, which deters me from wanting to invest. If we could get a decent amount of players that I KNOW aren't cheating, then I may play it more. Until then, I just play MyLeague over and over again until I get bored, come back a month later, rinse and repeat.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:31 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

I still think the PC version plays better! Just picked it up for 20. My PS4 stick is twisted from sitting upside down (heh,) so I figured I'd buy it for 20 rather than get another stick, for now.

Already enjoying it. I'm playing with a jank knock off xbox controller, too. It really does play better. It's not a huge difference, but it's there. I have LOTS of exp vs bots. Haha Online PC isn't worth, but this is an ATG game so I figured I'd grab for a dub.

-Smak
Old 01-07-2023, 08:34 AM   #20
Rookie

Will sliders that have been tweaked for next gen 2K23 translate to the PC version of 2K23? ...or is it a completely different set of variables?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »