Home

Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version

This is a discussion on Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
let me know how you like it and if the upgrade is noticeable.
Here is my take as someone who only plays franchise: Its worth the purchase.

Are there alot of similar things in 2k22 that were in 2k21: Yes.

Could 2k have done more to for current gen/PC: Yes.

With that said, 2k22's gameplay is MUCH better than current gen 2k21.The pick and roll issues appear to be fixed. Movement reminds me of next gen 2k21. Franchise doesnt have a ton of additions but the play in tournament has been added.

From the PC front, a good amount of the 2k21 mods work on 2k22 and thats a good thing. I was able to jump right in and have scoreboard mods and new cyberfaces instead of having to wait a month.

All and all, I'm happy with my purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #26
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Gotta say I'm disappointed they still haven't upgraded the PC version. I haven't played NBA 2k since 19, so I was really hoping to get into it this year....and yet there's no reason it seems.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for deep sales and see if one comes around in Oct/Nov as they usually do. No way I'm paying full price for something 2K hasn't updated in 2-3 years now.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #27
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
SOMETIMES these are the best versions of a given game - Madden 08 PC being one example.

If the gameplay was refined a little I may buy 22 and then play it indefinitely.

I have not been impressed with the next gen 2K yet other than the crowds, which look fantastic.

Gameplay over everything.
I'm quoting myself (lol) because so far I think this may be the case.

This game can be the best 2K ever, the gameplay is that cleaned up.

Animations, spacing, dribbling, driving lanes, no more of those annoying bump backs, etc. - its night and day. So far its my favorite 2K I have ever played, of course there's still a whole year to find problems but this game is great.

I was playing last night and thinking, the way this thing plays, its probably my favorite GAME ever, not just favorite 2K. They did so much to capture the sport of basketball.

As others have said, there isn't a lot changed outside of the gameplay - which for me is the most important aspect. But if you are looking for new bells and whistles, this game probably isn't for you.

10/10, just one man's opinion.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #28
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Man I'm happy I was able to build my PC in time to play this game. All I needed was proper defense, and I'd be happy! The PA announcers and Mods are just icing on the cake.

I can wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a possible deal on next gen (XBX) but I'm MORE than content for now
Old 09-17-2021, 06:50 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Oh come on...I upgraded my ****ing PC 1 1/2 years ago to be ready for 2k22 next gen....

"most people don't have an SSD" Uhm what? Really? Even 10 years ago EVERYONE recommended building a PC with a SSD.

Still I see the current graphics card prices being a problem here. Most people with older PCs wouldnt be able to upgrade it with the current prices, where a new one costs above 700 €, while even older cards are much more expensive than back in the days when they were released.
Haha yea even a baby boot drive that u can throw a few fav games on. Those pci drives tho I agree. Dono why that would be necessary tho. Even they are pretty Cheap too, and they can adjust gfx as well.

But yea it is what it is. If 2k ever makes pc online worth… that’s what they should focus on. Anti cheat.

-Smak
Old 09-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #30
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah the GPU market is TRASH right now, any GPU 8gigs or more is nearly the equivalent as purchasing a WHOLE entire new prebuilt HP gaming rig or a well kept used one. . . I like 2K22's gameplay, it's like night and day, I'm a little disappointed the PC version didn't get the next gen bump and that this maybe be the last PC version I read somewhere(but DON'T hold me to that). . .

I'm here for the mods, I like modding games, for the time being most of the 2K21 mods work in 2K22, cyber faces, shoes, reshades, modding tools, My Player stuff, courts etc... until modders pump out 2K22 stuff. . . if there isn't going to be a next gen PC version of 2K23 I'll have to play on my son's Series X until the prices drop

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #31
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Yeah the GPU market is TRASH right now, any GPU 8gigs or more is nearly the equivalent as purchasing a WHOLE entire new prebuilt HP gaming rig or a well kept used one. . . I like 2K22's gameplay, it's like night and day, I'm a little disappointed the PC version didn't get the next gen bump and that this maybe be the last PC version I read somewhere(but DON'T hold me to that). . .

I'm here for the mods, I like modding games, for the time being most of the 2K21 mods work in 2K22, cyber faces, shoes, reshades, modding tools, My Player stuff, courts etc... until modders pump out 2K22 stuff. . . if there isn't going to be a next gen PC version of 2K23 I'll have to play on my son's Series X until the prices drop

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
On one hand the 2K League no longer uses the PC version so it lost a lot of purpose since that development, but 2K have a hugely popular NBA 2K Online PC game for China, so it seems like they'll be making some sort of PC version at least. It may not be the same release as the consoles though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2021, 12:29 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

So far it looks like Current Gen has basically the same gameplay as next gen, so we really aren't missing out on much. The only thing I worry about (as it happened with the last 2K I bought, 2K16) is the frequency of patches.

It was weeks and sometimes months before patches drop on PC compared to consoles...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »