Home

Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version

This is a discussion on Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
You look at it the wrong way: Why should 2k put any effort in an old gen version of the game when their whole team is working on the next gen version of the game? With the next gen version we at least will see some kind of development while old gen ist just "well lets put it out so these poor guys without a PS5/xbox series whatever can buy the game, too".
I don't think you understood what I said at all.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #18
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

This game is developed on PCs, there is no reason for this other than they are catering to the Console Companies.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:58 AM   #19
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I completely understand that PC and old gen are not the most important systems when it comes to marketing 2k now but I would think they could throw us a bone in regards to a screenshot or video . The game drops in 5 days and is only $10 cheaper than next gen.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-07-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:35 AM   #20
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I completely understand that PC and old gen is not the most important systems when it comes to marketing 2k now but I would think they could throw us a bone in regards to a screenshot or video . The game drops in 5 days and is only $10 cheaper than next gen.

Especially if you only purchased steam keys in the recent years, like me, the game even got more expensive! For years I have not payed more than 30 € for NBA 2k. Last year it was 35 €, this year the price is at 43 €. I am not willing to pay 43 € for a game that likely got no attention at all where we get no selling points delivered by 2k at all and which is coming from the worst iteration of the whole franchise in 2k21....
Old 09-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #21
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any early opinions?

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #22
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

as someone who ONLY plays franchise mode. Never plays online, knows absolutely NOTHING bout city or neighborhood or what they even are....is it fine to buy on PC? I love all the mods to use and usually always buy on PC. I didn't play 2K21 on next gen when it released on PS5 so i don't know how much better it plays or feels
Old 09-11-2021, 04:20 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
as someone who ONLY plays franchise mode. Never plays online, knows absolutely NOTHING bout city or neighborhood or what they even are....is it fine to buy on PC? I love all the mods to use and usually always buy on PC. I didn't play 2K21 on next gen when it released on PS5 so i don't know how much better it plays or feels
You are me, I'm downloading 2K22 on steam right now but haven't really been able to find any information on any myleague changes or what really changed in the current/past gen versions. It looks like the play-in tournament was added though.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #24
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankyjax
You are me, I'm downloading 2K22 on steam right now but haven't really been able to find any information on any myleague changes or what really changed in the current/past gen versions. It looks like the play-in tournament was added though.

let me know how you like it and if the upgrade is noticeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »