Home

PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

This is a discussion on PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PC Setup Thread - Advice on what works

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Different wants for different people, that's what it comes down to.

I love the quality of 1080p, I literally have no issues with it my games still pop, they still give me the wow factor, etc. My recommended setup or ideas for a setup are more tailored around people who are totally fine with 1080p.

I run all my game on ultra settings, with the two rigs I posted, people could indeed run this gens 2Ks on ultra, running it with 60 fps in 4k is another story.

That's another portion of this, FPS. Consoles max can get 60fps, many games hover in the 30 fps on cutscenes etc, I am totally 100% content wit constant 60 FPS on pc. I have no stuttering whatsoever even through cutscenes or when a lot of things are on the screen (and moving). Some want more, but I believe studies have shown that the human eye cant see the difference after you go beyond 60FPS.

I didnt notice a difference, and I played on a PC that was routinely getting 144FPS (on a monitor), but that was me. Maybe you folks notice that difference. Same with input lag, the in input lag is so low on my TV, that I dont feel any delay when pressing a button and when it happens on screen (For 2k or otherwise). Maybe you do, but I dont.

I think this thread could cover setups like mine, and 4K setups, all are welcome.
Nothing wrong with being cost consius but to say seeing difference from 60fps to higher is b.s

I run this game on pc at 4k ultra 100 to 120fps with a gysnc monitor

If i was to go to 1080p at 60fps ultra i would be highly dissapointed

Once you experience 120fps in 2k going to 60 is like going to 30 on consoles
Old 10-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I知 nervous about to jump to pc and then around this time next year the new PlayStation and Xbox come out and let a lot of these things I love about pc gaming into their systems. It痴 already talk on ray tracing and insanely quick loading times. If they allow mods then did I pull the trigger too quick. I know you can always update your gaming pc but what if the new systems are like high end pc
Ps5 and xbox scarlett are no match for 2080 2080ti with a i9 9900k or even 8700k or 9700k

Real ray tracing and not the cheap one consoles will implement
Old 10-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Nothing wrong with being cost consius but to say seeing difference from 60fps to higher is b.s

I run this game on pc at 4k ultra 100 to 120fps with a gysnc monitor

If i was to go to 1080p at 60fps ultra i would be highly dissapointed

Once you experience 120fps in 2k going to 60 is like going to 30 on consoles
BS to you, not for me. I have played on 120fps and higher and I literally dont notice a big difference, for me 60fps is smooth as hell and plays perfectly.

I'm literally not "bs-ing", I have no reason too. Just trying to help out.

And I certainly wont knock the way you play, because you love your setup. A lot of it is preference, and needs as well. I have the money for a more expensive rig, I just dont find it necessary because the setup I have runs really smooth and looks great

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-13-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Ps5 and xbox scarlett are no match for 2080 2080ti with a i9 9900k or even 8700k or 9700k

Real ray tracing and not the cheap one consoles will implement
So if I were to get a rig let痴 say I-9 9900k with RTX 2080 I would be set up great...not just for now but for years to come
Old 10-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:
Are you playing on a monitor or TV?

If a TV, have you messed with those settings?

Just brainstorming here. I play on my TV and it looks great, players pop and the picture is clear
I知 playing on a 4K LG monitor. I知 I missing something in the settings for the monitor?
New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Old 10-14-2019, 10:16 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUXUGrad
I知 playing on a 4K LG monitor. I知 I missing something in the settings for the monitor?
Have you gone into your display settings and set it to the appropriate resolution?

If anybody else who plays on a monitor or has a similar set up to him wants to chime in, please do.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
BS to you, not for me. I have played on 120fps and higher and I literally dont notice a big difference, for me 60fps is smooth as hell and plays perfectly.

I'm literally not "bs-ing", I have no reason too. Just trying to help out.

And I certainly wont knock the way you play, because you love your setup. A lot of it is preference, and needs as well. I have the money for a more expensive rig, I just dont find it necessary because the setup I have runs really smooth and looks great
If you cant see the difference between 120fps and 60fps then stick to consoles. The clarity and motion is superior and there is little to no blur which you cannot say is not there on 60fps.

To say not spending a lot for a good pc experience is true but to say 120fps vs 60fps is not much difference is flat out false. Dont matter who the person is
Old 10-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1212
So if I were to get a rig let痴 say I-9 9900k with RTX 2080 I would be set up great...not just for now but for years to come
That is correct

that set up would be good for the next 4-5 years

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »