Home

which platform should i get this game on ??

This is a discussion on which platform should i get this game on ?? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: which platform should i get this game on ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirael
Since they changed the Engine Modding isn't what it used to be. Mostly you can edit a few Faces and Arenas but its not what 2K14 and prior was. I still remember the URB which had Rosters and Draftclasses for every Year from like 1980-2014 so you could start in like 1980 and always use the right Draftclass and replay History.
Man up until last year.. Guess the new engine..urb was amazing so many mods..

Can change pretty much almost anything.. it's why NBA 2k14 is still being played be so many people.

I know it's a long shot.. But maybe some modding will be available, more than the ones like nets faces..etc..

Can only hope though. 🙏

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

anybody know if the pc has HDR. this year?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #19
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
anybody know if the pc has HDR. this year?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Requires a HDR monitor or T.V.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Requires a HDR monitor or T.V.
Correct.

Quick thought..those whom are purchasing an xhox one X..4k...and except to use a cheap 4k tv...how is that going to work..when millisecond lag will be devastating to an online player or FPS...ff
In you can play in game mode and be okay.

What are people who are using a console at 4k going to do? They're used to only having a large screen TV..us P.C players have been using Pure gaming monitors for years...so we're used to it..but once you u get past 1080p....input lag matters for those playing those heavy graphic fps shooters..that tiny input delay will be KILLER with very cheap ms delay4k sets.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #21
Banned

I started with NBA on PC too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirael
Since they changed the Engine Modding isn't what it used to be. Mostly you can edit a few Faces and Arenas but its not what 2K14 and prior was. I still remember the URB which had Rosters and Draftclasses for every Year from like 1980-2014 so you could start in like 1980 and always use the right Draftclass and replay History.
This is actually not true, no offense.

I am an active member over on the NLSC, and we have produced AMAZING mods, of all different kinds since 2K17. We can do a heck of a lot more than edit a few faces and arenas....

1. Roster mods - I produced 4 huge ones myself between 2K16 and 2K17

*And one for 2K16

2. Cyberfaces - Ability to create from scratch or edit the ones in game

3. Bodies - Editing body types in blender to make them however we want

4. Globals - We can edit globals just like we could for last gen, including all presentation elements, lighting, sweat, etc

5. Lighting in general -Via reshaders and sweetfx

6. Courts - We can create them, replace them, modify them

7. Arenas - We can edit all aspects (Lighting, ads, floors, crowd, what the crowd wears, the jumbotron, banners, etc)

8. Shoes - We can edit and create new shoes for the game

9. Teams - We can edit team names, insert new teams, change the logos, create the jerseys, change the audio ID's of the players, add names to the name bank in game, change team name audio ID's, change the name of the arenas itself, relocate the teams, etc etc etc

10. Baskets - We can edit nets, change the net physics, etc

11. Basketballs - We can edit the basketballs and create new ones

12. Portraits - We can create and insert portraits, or edit in game portraits.

13. Cyberface conversions - We can convert cyberfaces from past games --- > current, or vice versa.

14. Scoreboards - We literally can make any scoreboard we want, and put it in the game. We have TNT, ESPN, NBC, TSN, SN, Fox Sports, etc.

15. Signatures - We have the ability to give players signatures and dunk packages that you normally couldnt assign during the game using a tool.

16. Retired Numbers - We can override retired numbers on teams, giving a player any number we want them to have

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

In this video alone that I made for 2K20, you see far more than what you mention, and the game just came out.

1. Modded scoreboard - NBA on NBC
2. Team name change - 09-10 Lakers vs 02-03 Wizards
3. Accurate modded 09-10 Lakers court
4. Net physics by maumau
5. SFX mod
6. Ball mod by EGS MLLR
7. EGS MLLR Kobe Bryant Cyberface
8. Full accurate teams with accurate faces for both
9. Lagoas global with enhanced progressive sweat

This is just one video of a WIP roster mod.

I am a contributor on the NLSC, and we have been doing basically all of this stuff since 2K17, and even some of it for 2K16. UBR type roster projects have not happened because we don't have the ability to add as many files as we want to the main directory, we can only add file numbers that are part of the manifest. However, that is literally the ONLY THING holding us back from a UBR or URB type mod. We can do all the other editing that we could do on 2K14 and prior (last gen), which is why we have had full fledged FIBA rosters, classic teams rosters, All time teams rosters, a few single season rosters (maumau last year), etc

For those looking to come to the PC side of things, trust me... the mods are amazing and we can basically do anything. Check out some of the threads here

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=258

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=241

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=236

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-26-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:48 PM   #23
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
This is actually not true, no offense.

I am an active member over on the NLSC, and we have produced AMAZING mods, of all different kinds since 2K17. We can do a heck of a lot more than edit a few faces and arenas....

1. Roster mods - I produced 4 huge ones myself between 2K16 and 2K17

*And one for 2K16

2. Cyberfaces - Ability to create from scratch or edit the ones in game

3. Bodies - Editing body types in blender to make them however we want

4. Globals - We can edit globals just like we could for last gen, including all presentation elements, lighting, sweat, etc

5. Lighting in general -Via reshaders and sweetfx

6. Courts - We can create them, replace them, modify them

7. Arenas - We can edit all aspects (Lighting, ads, floors, crowd, what the crowd wears, the jumbotron, banners, etc)

8. Shoes - We can edit and create new shoes for the game

9. Teams - We can edit team names, insert new teams, change the logos, create the jerseys, change the audio ID's of the players, add names to the name bank in game, change team name audio ID's, change the name of the arenas itself, relocate the teams, etc etc etc

10. Baskets - We can edit nets, change the net physics, etc

11. Basketballs - We can edit the basketballs and create new ones

12. Portraits - We can create and insert portraits, or edit in game portraits.

13. Cyberface conversions - We can convert cyberfaces from past games --- > current, or vice versa.

14. Scoreboards - We literally can make any scoreboard we want, and put it in the game. We have TNT, ESPN, NBC, TSN, SN, Fox Sports, etc.

15. Signatures - We have the ability to give players signatures and dunk packages that you normally couldnt assign during the game using a tool.

16. Retired Numbers - We can override retired numbers on teams, giving a player any number we want them to have

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

In this video alone that I made for 2K20, you see far more than what you mention, and the game just came out.

1. Modded scoreboard - NBA on NBC
2. Team name change - 09-10 Lakers vs 02-03 Wizards
3. Accurate modded 09-10 Lakers court
4. Net physics by maumau
5. SFX mod
6. Ball mod by EGS MLLR
7. EGS MLLR Kobe Bryant Cyberface
8. Full accurate teams with accurate faces for both
9. Lagoas global with enhanced progressive sweat

This is just one video of a WIP roster mod.

I am a contributor on the NLSC, and we have been doing basically all of this stuff since 2K17, and even some of it for 2K16. UBR type roster projects have not happened because we don't have the ability to add as many files as we want to the main directory, we can only add file numbers that are part of the manifest. However, that is literally the ONLY THING holding us back from a UBR or URB type mod. We can do all the other editing that we could do on 2K14 and prior (last gen), which is why we have had full fledged FIBA rosters, classic teams rosters, All time teams rosters, a few single season rosters (maumau last year), etc

For those looking to come to the PC side of things, trust me... the mods are amazing and we can basically do anything. Check out some of the threads here

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=241

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=236

I made the jump this year...and have already download the new nets, ball, and ESPN presentation. Awesome stuff!!
Old 09-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I made the jump this year...and have already download the new nets, ball, and ESPN presentation. Awesome stuff!!
i switched to PC in 2013, and have never been able to turn back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »