Home

which platform should i get this game on ??

This is a discussion on which platform should i get this game on ?? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
Rookie

hyretic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: which platform should i get this game on ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
do we get the patches same time as consoles ??
I think we were often delayed by a day or two to be honest. That's my memory of it anyway. But I think 2K have talked about having less patches this year, because more things can be fixed via the server method that they use to update rosters regularly.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

I do believe the patches are almost identical time wise... but they usually don't even tell PC gamers it's out OR what the patch notes are, because the game is identical... they usually announce xbox/ps4 patch.. then at then at the bottom.. they mention.. "pc also" lol.

I know 2K promised less patches, but how can they predict.. how many will be needed.. also I don't care how many patches are released.. I just don't want the patches to break.. things that were working fine before the patch!

I personally think they should work on 2 sets of patches separately ones for online and offline.. the park when patched I've seen people livid .. they changed the shot release.. and offline users ,love it...

My career/Myleague/Franchise should have separate patches... online like MY park if the people are happy with it.. don't make a patch universal.. fix the section that's broken.

I don't think 2K realizes there's 2 sets of players, people who only play mypark/my team... and the other set players career/league/franchise... these are 2 totally separate game play types, which 2k needs to understand.

I don't play my park/myteam.. but I see how passionate and how much fun the guys who do love it... they deserve the best patch that needs fixing on THEIR end.

Cheers
Old 09-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #11
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

I would say get it on PC, but I'm just looking for players to play with on PC.

I'll be honest, I've always been a console player. However, I built my first PC in 2013. Obviously, I wanted an all-in-one device. When I found out that I could play 2k (full version) on PC, 2k15 was a simple choice. It started of okay, but then we came across hackers. At first, it was just a few people, so they were easy to avoid. I got to 2k16 and now there are closet hackers mixed in as well. Even, the groups that were made to avoid hackers had hackers in them. I went back to PS4 and then the XBOX One. It is easier to find people to play with on console, but it's often filled with kids. This is going to be the norm, and I understand it. It can be annoying. Plus, most people have their set groups, so it takes time to find that right group of people to play with on console.

This already getting too long, so I'll try to wrap it up. The crowd on PC is small, and small communities seem to be much more enjoyable. The game runs better, in my opinion. Also, on the PC I explored the game more. I took time to learn moves and and the pace.

I hope this helps. I'll be back on the PC this year. Hopefully, there will be a honest community of players

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 4

Is there any way to avoid the hackers? Not really bothered about the park but wouldn't mind playing like minded 'sim' players one on one .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 AM   #13
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm getting it for PC for the first time. I have a 21:9 monitor and I wanted to see how it would look with a wider field of view and also to see what its like with a higher frame rate. Excited to try it out in a new way.

Just wondering, some of you guys are talking about mods, what are some popuular ones you guys used in the past?
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4

just bought a steam cd key....waiting to get it now so i can pre-load it.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I'm getting it for PC for the first time. I have a 21:9 monitor and I wanted to see how it would look with a wider field of view and also to see what its like with a higher frame rate. Excited to try it out in a new way.

Just wondering, some of you guys are talking about mods, what are some popuular ones you guys used in the past?
Since they changed the Engine Modding isn't what it used to be. Mostly you can edit a few Faces and Arenas but its not what 2K14 and prior was. I still remember the URB which had Rosters and Draftclasses for every Year from like 1980-2014 so you could start in like 1980 and always use the right Draftclass and replay History.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #16
Rookie

meccs's Arena

I started with NBA on PC. NBA 2K15 was my first one. I did re-buy it for the PS4 a few month later because of the face scan. Back then you had to use the PS4 camera. Played all versions after that on PS4 too. With NBA 2K18 I'll go back to PC. Let's hope it works out. I am mainly an MyCareer player. Don't play park.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »