Home

Ok, this is officially absurd

This is a discussion on Ok, this is officially absurd within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-20-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

OVR: 0
Ok, this is officially absurd

How come we've had this game for almost a month and the graphics issues have yet to be fixed?? At this rate, a portable Nintendo console, the Switch, will be able to play 2K17 with a full crowd while more than competent PCs can't. What's worse is that Leftos doesn't even talk to us anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Ok, this is officially absurd

Crowds are fine on my pc. What is the issue?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Crowds are fine on my pc. What is the issue?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
There's a severe frame drop whenever I turn on crowds, even at low. It doesn't matter how much I turn down the settings, they just end up affecting my framerate in the same way. 2K16 had the same issue until they finally patched it.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot
There's a severe frame drop whenever I turn on crowds, even at low. It doesn't matter how much I turn down the settings, they just end up affecting my framerate in the same way. 2K16 had the same issue until they finally patched it.

I have an old card and can play with crowds on max with no issues. What card do you have?
Old 10-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
I have an old card and can play with crowds on max with no issues. What card do you have?
I have the same issue with the crowd, I also had the same issue with 2k16 until it was patched.

840m card (mobile), I'm aware it's a very weak card. As weak as it is, I was able to play at medium/high settings (720p, no AA/special effects) in past years where this year I play on bare minimum due to these optimization issues plus the weird, specific issue I'm having where performance deteriorates in MyLeague.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

Online 5v5 modes don't work at all if the media guys are disabled. So there's definitely some optimization required. That being said, I run everything on low settings and can't get above 45-50 FPS online, with everything being set on the lowest possible settings. I also have an old card (Radeon 6750HD), but still.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

I've also got a mobile card (870m). It's an older card but it can still run everything better than the PS4/Xbox One except 2K17. When Fallout 4 came out, I thought my laptop had finally gone out of date since it would have some severe drops to 45fps but all it was was some bizarre issue with the special lighting in the game that was fixed a month or two after release.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #8
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

I've got a GTX 750, 2GB of memory, so plenty of horsepower to run the game at decent levels. So it's not you. Speaking of which, that blank screen tells me the drivers have installed lol.

The problem isn't the crowd per se, it's just bad optimization across the board. Now, the crowd is a big part of it, but I can't run the game smoothly with the crowd off at full 1920x1200 though, I have to turn it two clicks down to 1650xwhatever. I have most of the stuff turned to the lowest settings, but still nothing on the big screen. It's running super smoothly now, but with no crowd and a screen about 20% smaller than what I'm looking at is not right.

I tried to turn off V-Sync and cap the FPS externally with Afterburner, but it wasn't anything close to native V-Sync and was very laggy, to the point of throwing off my shot timing.

Unfortunately for us, it's just the luck of the draw. For Walt Frazier (Hey Walt Frazier, great name, I was from around Carbondale and went to many, many Saluki games) however, he is lucky, I was the same way last year but some weren't.

- Rick Wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »