Home

Ok, this is officially absurd

This is a discussion on Ok, this is officially absurd within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Ok, this is officially absurd

I've played the game on both a 970 and currently a 1070 and, graphically, the crowd is fine on both with max settings. I mean, they look dead and what not and stiff as all hell, and at EVERY damn Lakers game there is Green-Shirt-Green-Tie guy.

I hate Green-Shirt-Green-Tie guy. He is wearing a dress shirt WITH A TIE and his shirt isn't tucked in nor is he wearing a blazer. You're in downtown Los Angeles, dude, where the **** did you come from dressed like that. Seriously. There is no way you went the WHOLE day dressed like that and no one said anything about it. "Hey GSGT guy, why is you're shirt untucked and why are you wearing a tie? Those two things don't really work together. You look like the kind of guy that's trying to start a trend and you're failing at it."

So, yeah, without knowing your card it's hard to say it's the game and not your rig.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #10
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

To be honest it is somewhat the op rig, but still that doesn't change the fact that the game is not that well optimized, it could be way better. I wish we could be in contact with them or something lol
Old 10-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #11
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

you mentioned you're on a laptop. Have you made sure that the game isn't running through the integrated graphics card and that it's actually using the 870m?

The only reason why I ask is because I had a friend who had a laptop with a similar issue with other games. For some reason it defaulted to the integrated graphics card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 01:44 AM   #12
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I've got a 780 and I can't run the crowds above medium without the frame rate dropping into the 50s, which is unacceptable for this game. It makes it feel incredibly stuttery. I had the same issue last year but then it was patched and I was able to max the crowds.

Looks like we are being hung out to dry this year...
Old 10-29-2016, 01:54 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
To be honest it is somewhat the op rig, but still that doesn't change the fact that the game is not that well optimized, it could be way better. I wish we could be in contact with them or something lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I've got a 780 and I can't run the crowds above medium without the frame rate dropping into the 50s, which is unacceptable for this game. It makes it feel incredibly stuttery. I had the same issue last year but then it was patched and I was able to max the crowds.

Looks like we are being hung out to dry this year...
Lol 980ti classified and I can't run the game at 60fps 1440p unless I turn the crowd down lol it's not the OP's rig the optimization in this game is a joke...
Old 10-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #14
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
you mentioned you're on a laptop. Have you made sure that the game isn't running through the integrated graphics card and that it's actually using the 870m?

The only reason why I ask is because I had a friend who had a laptop with a similar issue with other games. For some reason it defaulted to the integrated graphics card.
Yup. I always make sure that's set up beforehand along with "prefer max performance". Without it, I wouldn't even be able to play.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #15
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot
Yup. I always make sure that's set up beforehand along with "prefer max performance". Without it, I wouldn't even be able to play.
Have you altered some of the other options in the NVIDIA Control Panel for 2k17, there is a guide on steam for NBA 2K16 what you should put for the settings in the control panel if you follow the same steps for the Control Panel portion for 2K17 it should hopefully make a difference, not sure if it will make all the difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 03:47 AM   #16
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
Have you altered some of the other options in the NVIDIA Control Panel for 2k17, there is a guide on steam for NBA 2K16 what you should put for the settings in the control panel if you follow the same steps for the Control Panel portion for 2K17 it should hopefully make a difference, not sure if it will make all the difference
Yes, I have. That's how I came to the conclusion that the crowds were back at it again with destroying the frame rates. Even lowering all other settings to minimum and keeping the crowd high still hurts the frame rate as much as when every setting is set to high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »