Home

NBA 2k17 PC Performance

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 PC Performance within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2k17 PC Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJManis10
I had 2K16 for PC and I enjoyed it much better than the console version with the jersey, floor, and updated cyberfaces that the modding community does. It always takes a couple months for modding stuff to start rolling out, but IMO it is worth it.

As for performance, it was great last year, but I'm having some issues this year. I'm still trying to pinpoint whether or not it's on my end or on 2K's end though.
If you far exceed max specs it's on their end... It's why the p.c is so hard to make for one's might work great while another's freezes.

This happened last year too... They had to do a few patches before it got good.

Guess we're the beta testers lol.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinh
I just finished my PC build with a GTX 1080 and I'm deciding if this is the first year I should buy 2K for the PC. Can you see noticeable differences compared to console? I know its probably not properly optimized so I'm hoping a patch or some mods can fix that down the line.
It basically looks the same, but less blurry. I personally own 2k16 on both and the PC is for sure the better version. Like going from 720p to 1080p difference IMO. 2K17 should be the same, as I'm pretty sure 2k16 was the best it's going to get on a PS4 (not pro) model.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #19
Rookie

Id encourage the PC version, get it on steam and mess with it for less than 2 hours, if it doesn't run well for you you can return it (performance will likely be better with patches).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #20
Rookie

ohthestatic's Arena

So far so good for me, a few frame rate dips but nothing too dramatic that'll make me return it. I'm starting to think I just need to upgrade my CPU as well, though...
Old 09-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 4

Yeah there is a few of only patches that come through. Most folks get things ironed out at some point.

Sent from my NEXT using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #22
Rookie

I have huge problems. My cutscenes run in like 200% speed. I run the Game on Ultra, 144Hz, no VSYNC at all. Tried VSYNC and Fullscreen Mode. Nothing helps.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReichesMacht
I have huge problems. My cutscenes run in like 200% speed. I run the Game on Ultra, 144Hz, no VSYNC at all. Tried VSYNC and Fullscreen Mode. Nothing helps.
Frame/Refresh rate is probably too quick. Usually a sign of the game clock and physics being dependent on the frame rate. Out of curiousity, have you changed your monitor to run at 60 hz in Windows with vsync in game?
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 09-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #24
Rookie

Thaghost36's Arena

OVR: 1

So far so good.. only thing I saw was a glitch of a player with no arms, other than that it runs great on my pc.

On another note.. I was winning on play nowith online and the person I was playing got upset and quit I guess because with 5 seconds to go it said this game will not be counted... is this some type of cheating people do online ? .. sigh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »