Home

Arenas are responsible for (at least some of) the stuttering issues

This is a discussion on Arenas are responsible for (at least some of) the stuttering issues within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Arenas are responsible for (at least some of) the stuttering issues

I get stable 60fps in the 71 Lakers arena, smooth gameplay. Still stuttering when the camera turns, freethrows, timeouts, cheerleaders, but it's beautiful. Even online is very playable like this. In other arenas my FPS is between 40 and 55, which is just about playable offline, but terrible online. Try out the 71 Lakers arena and let me know what you think. There are likely other 'good' arenas, too. I've played online with several friends, they also run the game smoothly in the Lakers arena but lag in others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Arenas are responsible for (at least some of) the stuttering issues

Is every arena other than that this much worse? Any specific names that are the worst for you?
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Is every arena other than that this much worse? Any specific names that are the worst for you?
Custom arenas (in MyTeam) seem to be the worst. I've heard someone say that the Grizzlies arena is also fine, haven't confirmed this myself though. I'll do this later today. Gauntlet is also completely fine. Hoping that some other people can confirm/deny the arena thing, maybe we can find out which ones are the good ones together.

FWIW I don't have the best PC, so I'm not one of the guys with a sick rig that really should run everything smoothly on full settings. But I've lowered my settings a lot, which worked alright for 2k15, and 2k16 Gauntlet and this court.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I can confirm that the '71 Lakers arena works better than most for me...not enough of an improvement to run at my 2k15 settings on it but I can run at slightly higher than minimum settings and get 60 fps.

As far as arenas that run the worst, I mentioned this on NLSC but the Staples Center (Clippers at least) for sure causes problems. There are probably others as well, but I definitely struggle to get a consistent 60 fps even on bare minimum settings there.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

While using broadcast camera the framerate increases as the camera pans in closer to the ballhandler. But once the camera pans out the framerate decreases. For me it doesn't matter whether i have the crowd enabled or disabled. It still happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

flo182's Arena

I had some problems playing the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Most other arenas work fine. Maybe have to tune down my settings a bit further. The patch helped a lot though! Thanks Leftos for the good support of PC Community!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Oh yeah, it's probably self-evident and doesn't need to be said but why not. The Gatorade practice gym allows for a ridiculous improvement in performance (at least for me). It feels like a completely different game in there...I can run at my 2k15 settings and then some. Only mentioning it because even though I expected a positive difference in there, it still made a bigger improvement than I expected.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #8
Banned

this isn't the case for me. i get the same slow-down/stuttering in the 71 arena as i do in any of the modern arenas. gameplay is silky smooth, EVERYTHING else stutters - even menus, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »