Home

NBA 2K16 Bugs

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Bugs within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #41
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Bugs

12 minutes/SS/Sim

I find fatigue effect is minimal - timeouts tend to reset fatigue back to 99/100.

No sweat in game......

Slight stutters on highlights, after quarters, before games. No icons for plays/picks above players heads.

Other than that, not too bad.

This is all post 88mb patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 04:34 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafool
I do have some issues with playvision in myCareer.

I am playing on PC , All-Star/Sim, 12 Minutes quarters as a Center.
Playvision is set on show all plays, and full and everything on auto.

When I move to my position (the blue dots) most of the times, nothing happens. No player movement, no passing, no instruction for me to pick, run or anything.
When moving to a teammate and setting a pick (without instruction) the set play resets and a new starting position is displayed.
Very rarely it is working as intended.
Freelance offence is not working as intended neither.

Is it just me or is anyone else having this issue?
It should be set on Lite. Da Czar made a video about it.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 AM   #43
Rookie

gomuherdclassof2k10's Arena

OVR: 9

So I would like to report a bug when it comes to creating shorts. Apparently when you change colors or styles for some reason it does not show the change unless you back out.
WE ARE.... MARSHALL
Old 10-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #44
Rookie

bugs in mycareer as Centre so far:

-sometimes when trying to pick and roll, it takes full 2 seconds for my athletic centre to turn around and gain any sort of momentum. by then the point guard have already shot and im still by the free throw line
-as mentioned in posts before, auto playcall on full is messed up. when i reach my spot, nothing happens. i figured out that the play continues with me setting screen for winger, but lines on floor are missing.
-sometimes the game gets stuck on grey screen when getting subbed in, the one that shows your opposition strengths etc. after around 10 secs the game will continue.
-in off-day practice, the aweful camera cannot be changed.
-if you play at 30fps, lip sync is off in cutscenes.
-coach satisfaction is broken. even when i do what he says, it goes down. also if it goes down, letter is green, if it goes up its red.
-6 min etc quarters are not used by rest of league, so curry would have 30 pts per game, and i would beast and feast in 6 mins quarters but would still be much worse than him.
-entirety of spike lee story can be considered as a bug. awful storyline, cheesy quotes and linearity makes you think twice about creating another player and living through that again.

bugs in general game:

-speed burst is still there
-mediocre AI (once West got offensive rebound, he went into post right under basket and did nothing and got offensive violation)
-sometimes time-out coach pep talk thing cannot be skipped.
-baseline jumpers will go in for AI most of the time even when you have you hand in face.
-incredible shots behind the backboard fadeaway still go in all the time for AI.
-micro stutter in both gameplay and cutscenes.
-yet another year with no proper tutorial.
-certain animations seems to only be triggered by human controlled player. for example, when AI PG is doing dribble moves, sometimes i cannot bump him and he just runs past me. if i try to dribble madly like AI does, i get stripped or bumped.
-sometimes players are left wide open by AI, such as after made basket AI would literally dribble to top of key and pop a mid range. opposing AI PG decided to go to corner 3pt line so he cant get back in time.
-triggering foul animation even though you were ready to block.
-westbrook is OP when he plays against AI

Last edited by dovy; 10-04-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #45
Rookie

gomuherdclassof2k10's Arena

OVR: 9

I have no clue if this is a bug or not but in MYGM and MYCareer a bunch of the players have computer generated pictures instead of their stock photos. On the roster section in the main menu they all have stock photos.
WE ARE.... MARSHALL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 10:25 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 3

I was playing Mavs vs. Suns and the game went to OT. Crowd goes crazy, cam focuses on them, and completely misses the tip off by about two seconds. When the cam went back to Dynamic Broadcast or whatever is called, the CPU was shooting (and scoring).

I felt a little bit cheated. I struggled the whole game playing 12 min quarters, I don't even know how but I was able to tie the game with 4 seconds left and then this happened... It's just two points, but after that, my momentum was gone and I ended up losing the game.

I'm not saying that I lost because of that because I made some stupid mistakes and rushed a couple of shots, but it shouldn't happen anyways.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #47
Rookie

I just got the game late last night.

Playing 12 min quarters Sim Sliders,

1. Commentary cuts out mid first quarter and doesn't come back until 2nd
2. CAn't figure out how to call plays, can do quick plays but icons don't appear over players heads to call plays for players or control who does pick and roll
3. When a timeout is called the players don't walk back to the bench. It just cuts super fast and they just teleport back to the bench, looks bad and this wasn't the case in 2015
4. I have minor stuttoring, mostly during cutscenes when the framrate drops into 30s and 40s. I haven't tried any fixes like running in full screen windowed yet
5. I only played 2 games but on sim sliders playing 12 min quarter exhibition game the players hardly fatigued at all.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #48
Just started!

Hi guys, hope this is the right thread to post this.
So I've been getting these game freezes where the video freezes but the audio keeps going. I can alt-tab out of it, but there remains a black screen over the desktop with just the taskbar showing. From there on I cannot do anything, so I have to restart the computer.

Playing on high, getting mostly 60 fps except on an inbound after a basket, guess it's because it's displaying the whole court, but that lasts only a minute. Played 2k15 with the same settings except the crowd was on medium (tried putting crowd in 2k16 to medium, still freezing). I had a couple of sessions where it didn't freeze at all, but I usually cannot get to a 2nd half of the first game I play once i turn the game on. The update didn't solve my problem. Every time it froze, it froze during a game, never in the menu.
What could it be ? I'm so hyped on playing but this really is annoying, I am losing the motivation to even turn the game on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »