Home

Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Your GPUs?

I'm running a GTX 580 (3GB) and am getting mostly 60FPS with VSync (through Nvidia Control Panel) and mostly max setting (I have AA at 4). I'm trying to find an SLI profile that works so I can make use of my second card and hopefully get increased stability during transitions.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
The game is more CPU-intensive than GPU-intensive IMO, and that may be why people with good cards are struggling to run it.
No, its not.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #11
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Radeon HD 7870 Gigabyte OC Edition. It's more than enough to run this game at 1080p, now that I've got the stuttering issue sorted. I can run it with all graphics options maxed except AA (4,4 I think) And it looks beautiful - the last batch of screens I posted in the PC screenshot thread are what I'm getting now.

My processor is actually more of the bottleneck in regards to this game - Core i7 - 860 Quad 2.80 GHz - just barely meeting the recommended requirements according to this site:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...ame=NBA%202K15

The game is more CPU-intensive than GPU-intensive IMO, and that may be why people with good cards are struggling to run it.
I'm running AA at 4/16 or 8/8...see if those work for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiquilaSunrise
No, its not.
With a core i7 as the recommended CPU requirement, I guess I'll just agree to disagree.

There was a lot of pre-release talk of people complaining that it wasn't i5, when the reqirements were first announced.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
With a core i7 as the recommended CPU requirement, I guess I'll just agree to disagree.

There was a lot of pre-release talk of people complaining that it wasn't i5, when the reqirements were first announced.
Yeah, that could be the case. When I looked at the load on my GPU for 2K15, I don't think it went much past 70% or so, so it's not exactly stressing out my card.

I know in the past it was that way. I remember I was able to stretch my old PC with an 8800GT through 2K12 (I think...might have been 2K11) with solid performance just because I had a good processor.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Radeon HD 7870 Gigabyte OC Edition. It's more than enough to run this game at 1080p, now that I've got the stuttering issue sorted. I can run it with all graphics options maxed except AA (4,4 I think) And it looks beautiful - the last batch of screens I posted in the PC screenshot thread are what I'm getting now.

My processor is actually more of the bottleneck in regards to this game - Core i7 - 860 Quad 2.80 GHz - just barely meeting the recommended requirements according to this site:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...ame=NBA%202K15

I actually agree about the last part. I didn't buy a console for a long time when I read up on the chip powering both. It's a smoke and mirrors job. System on a chip sharing resources. And it's not even state of the art components. It's main strength is that it is low power and runs cool. It will do 1080 fine, but not with even the bells and whistles of even a 70 level card. I really was underwhelmed the more I read up on it. It's really the RAM that drives these consoles. And that gets to the heart of the porting issue. To bring it over as a proper PC title, it has to be rewritten for traditional PC architecture. Not this new wonder of fakery and system resource sharing. I'm not trying to troll, but AMD's system on a chip is barely better than Intel's integrated graphics.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
MVP

I have dual core 3.0 Ghz and Ati Radeon 1gb 4650 and 2GB of RAM...currently downloading to see if I can run it...Pretty sure I'd have to OC my gfx card to make it run properly with everything on low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:

Please stop if you have no idea what you are talking about. A i7 says nothing. Most i5s are better than older i7s. SystemRequirements are bullsh1t and are mostly made by people who are Console-Peasants.
I have a i5-4570 and my CPU is nowhere near full load, but my GPU is. So its clearly GPU bottlenecked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »