Home

Stutter Caused by Camera Bug?

This is a discussion on Stutter Caused by Camera Bug? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Stutter Caused by Camera Bug?

So I was messing around with my settings like I've been doing constantly for the past 2 days since the midnight release and I decided to change the camera view from broadcast, which I normally play on to the 2K camera, and suddenly the stutter just disappeared. I've already tried everything that was mentioned but there was still a stutter even on the lowest settings. But on the 2K camere even with the fraps fps counter showing that I'm only getting 30 fps down from the 45 fps I was getting on broadcast, there is absolutely no stutter or drops in framerate. WTF.

Maybe the people that aren't experiencing the stutter play on 2K caamere? Who knows. Anyway try it out for yourselves guys. And hopefully 2K or nvidia release a patch soon because this has to be a optimization/bug problem considering considering people with high levels gfx cards are having problems too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Stutter Caused by Camera Bug?

You may be on to something. There is definitely a difference from when I switched from Broadcast to Drive camera.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:35 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I also noticed that things run smoothly all the way up until the cam switches to center court for jump ball. That's when the framerate drops...At least for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Kraudi's Arena

OVR: 0

2k cam is definitely better but most uf us just hate that camera

They should really patch that as it is not a hardware thing.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Hate the 2k camera
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for the tip, switched to the 2K cam and it's running better now. I actually like this camera so it doesn't bother me to use it but I do feel for people who don't like it at all. Hopefully this can be fixed later with either a patch or updated GPU drivers.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

It's already confirmed that most stutters happen when the broadcast cam zooms out automatically a little and then zooms in again. That's why a steady camera like 2k has no problems. It's all up to 2k devs to fix though I highly doubt they'll bother. I'm sure Leftos can fix this one.
I'm a little disappointed seeing the files structure as it will be way too difficult to mod the game. We will need something like a universal extraction/injection program that will open each of these large files, decrypt them and arrange the contents.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

2K Camera (Best camera, btw, simulates playing the game, vs watching from TV), stutters too. Not even when there's lots of action or when the camera swivels, those parts are fine, just random glitchy stuttering dribbling up the court, or even without the camera moving, the players would stutter. This is on an i7 16GB with Nvidia 7800ti 3GB @1080p, which runs everything else fine on ultra settings (Mordor, Tomb Raider, etc.).

So no, not just the 2K Camera. In fact, plays smoother with the Broadcast Camera, but cannot for the life of me play with that camera.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »