Home

2K14 micro-stuttering

This is a discussion on 2K14 micro-stuttering within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
2K14 micro-stuttering

Hey guys, does somebody else suffer micro-stuttering in the game specially during shortcuts and fastbreaks??

I play the game with everything on high antialiasing 8x, AA quality 2, V-Sync on and everything else on high. My card is an HD 7950 boost and I get solid 60 fps. I've tried lowering the AA to 6x but the issue is still there.

I'd really appreciate if somebody could help me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2K14 micro-stuttering

I have an Nvidia Titan with all settinga on max and Vsync on and no stutter here.

I used to get micro stutter in 2K13 when I had SLI 680's though.

I don't know ATI cards, but if that's a dual gpu card, that would explain it.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
I have an Nvidia Titan with all settinga on max and Vsync on and no stutter here.

I used to get micro stutter in 2K13 when I had SLI 680's though.

I don't know ATI cards, but if that's a dual gpu card, that would explain it.
Thanks for the answer but no, it's a simple GPU. It's weird because it only happens in those 2 situations: fastbreaks and shortcuts (sometimes, not always). The rest of the time the game runs smoothly with max settings.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I had the same issue. I have gaming laptop, 7970m.

First off the in-game V-Sync is useless, turn it off. I'm not sure if you noticed but the benchmarks hit 120fps+ with it off... Use Catalyst to make a profile for the game, and set V-Sync to always on.. If that doesn't work download RadeonPro: http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Make a profile for 2k14 by locating the exe.. Click on "tweaks", make sure triple buff is checked (set you display refresh rate, if your monitor is 60, set it to 59) .. Next, click on V-Sync control... Ok, from here you have a few choices. If you choose "driver default" the game will run at 100fps+, no micro stutter, however there may still be some slight screen tearing (you might get better results since you have a desktop card). Your next option is setting it to "always on".. Always on will give you a solid 60fps, no screen tear, and the micro stutter will be gone.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
I had the same issue. I have gaming laptop, 7970m.

First off the in-game V-Sync is useless, turn it off. I'm not sure if you noticed but the benchmarks hit 120fps+ with it off... Use Catalyst to make a profile for the game, and set V-Sync to always on.. If that doesn't work download RadeonPro: http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Make a profile for 2k14 by locating the exe.. Click on "tweaks", make sure triple buff is checked (set you display refresh rate, if your monitor is 60, set it to 59) .. Next, click on V-Sync control... Ok, from here you have a few choices. If you choose "driver default" the game will run at 100fps+, no micro stutter, however there may still be some slight screen tearing (you might get better results since you have a desktop card). Your next option is setting it to "always on".. Always on will give you a solid 60fps, no screen tear, and the micro stutter will be gone.
WOW thank you so much man, I'll try when I get back home.

I've discovered that if I turn v-sync off (as you say) the game runs really smooth at around 115 fps max settings. The bad part is that there's a weird line "out of sync - ish" (don't know how to explain it better) in the middle of the screen sometimes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

You turn Vsync on when you get screen tearing. So yeah, if you want that gone, turn it back on.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
WOW thank you so much man, I'll try when I get back home.

I've discovered that if I turn v-sync off (as you say) the game runs really smooth at around 115 fps max settings. The bad part is that there's a weird line "out of sync - ish" (don't know how to explain it better) in the middle of the screen sometimes...
what you're describing is screen tearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
You turn Vsync on when you get screen tearing. So yeah, if you want that gone, turn it back on.
Indeed you do want Vsync.

However, most in-game options handle it poorly. In this case he can use CCC and Radeonpro to supply the Vsync, rather than the default option, which seems to cut the fps in half.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

Indeed you do want Vsync.

However, most in-game options handle it poorly. In this case he can use CCC and Radeonpro to supply the Vsync, rather than the default option, which seems to cut the fps in half.[/quote]

So let me get this straight: should I turn v-sync on in the Catalyst but off in the game?should that avoid both issues??

Thanks in advance man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »