Home

2K14 micro-stuttering

This is a discussion on 2K14 micro-stuttering within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2K14 micro-stuttering

Just my 2 cents here,

I had this problem as well and the solution i came up with, is to play the game with "Window-mode" on and not full screen (V-sync in game enabled).

That did the trick.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #18
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiondrmr
Just my 2 cents here,

I had this problem as well and the solution i came up with, is to play the game with "Window-mode" on and not full screen (V-sync in game enabled).

That did the trick.
That's not a solution. You can try all the above posted by fellow members plus these tweaks:
- Go to config.cfg and change the flip queue to render frames ahead to 3 instead of 2. The value of 3 is the default render frames ahead value all the gpu's have. The default value of 2 by 2k is completely wrong.
- In the same file, change all the threads value to 4. Also 1,2,3,4 which is the logical for a 4 core cpu setup will maybe work but I found that setting all of them to 4 works better.
I make every year these changes to fix the microstuttering which is mainly caused by frame skipping. By applying these tweaks you can then max out the game in Inspector/Radeon Pro with all the goodies (AA,FXAA,HBAO,AF etc.) Don't forget to set v-sync always on or dynamic even if you have already applied it in-game.
I'm 100% sure that all the above tweaks will fix your microstuttering and there is no need going to solutions like windowed.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys, I've been having the same issue with the same GPU as the OP
Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Vsync within the game is awful and is true of most PC games. If you need to set it (sports games primarily), make sure you do it through your respective GPU program (Nvidia CP / AMD Catalyst). I don't know why, but game developers do an awful job of implementing vsync.

Of note, I do not own 2k14 (plan on buying tonight for PC), but the problem was present in 2k11, 2k12, and 2k13 for PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »