Home

Pro/Default once again

This is a discussion on Pro/Default once again within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Pro/Default once again

Hey guys, once again, I've defaulted back to the Pro/Default setting for the time being. Now, one thing that I have done, is upped the foul sliders to what they are on the "Sim" settings.

I didn't realize I had set them back to default, and had 2 of the best games that I've ever had in a 2k series.

One huge thing that default does better than sim is player response. Seems like I have a LOT more control over my guys.

Lastly, I was watching some NBA TV while playing, and noticed my guys on screen were moving a LOT slower than they were on TV. Bumped up the speed of the game to 62, and it mimic'ed the game on TV perfectly. Players were explosive. Double teams came quick, split second to think.

It may take a little bit of tweaking, but I'm pretty happy right now w/ what I see. Just wanted to share.

First game, Kobe torched me for 37 pts, 6 assists, 8 rebounds in a VERY close game against my Pacers.

Second game, Manu and Paul George were trading baskets up until they pulled away due to my fatigue w/ 3 minutes to go. Manu, Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan all had 18+ pts... beautiful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Pro/Default once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hey guys, once again, I've defaulted back to the Pro/Default setting for the time being. Now, one thing that I have done, is upped the foul sliders to what they are on the "Sim" settings.

I didn't realize I had set them back to default, and had 2 of the best games that I've ever had in a 2k series.

One huge thing that default does better than sim is player response. Seems like I have a LOT more control over my guys.

Lastly, I was watching some NBA TV while playing, and noticed my guys on screen were moving a LOT slower than they were on TV. Bumped up the speed of the game to 62, and it mimic'ed the game on TV perfectly. Players were explosive. Double teams came quick, split second to think.

It may take a little bit of tweaking, but I'm pretty happy right now w/ what I see. Just wanted to share.

First game, Kobe torched me for 37 pts, 6 assists, 8 rebounds in a VERY close game against my Pacers.

Second game, Manu and Paul George were trading baskets up until they pulled away due to my fatigue w/ 3 minutes to go. Manu, Tony Parker, and Tim Duncan all had 18+ pts... beautiful.

I have landed on the same settings as you. I feel you have to move up the gameplay speed to at least 60. I have been tweaking my shooting numbers and am close to where I will want them for now....glad to see I'm not the only one playing on pro!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Man this is the PC version. Just use some sliders.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88004
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Will give those changes a shot...

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 10-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Man this is the PC version. Just use some sliders.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88004
I'm lost, what does this do that the sliders in game don't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Yeah, can we edit the foul sliders, and still keep it on "Default"? Once you move the sliders, it goes to "Custom" and it messes with the flow of the game.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Sounds nice! Are you playing 12 min quarters?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'm Actually playing 10 minutes, getting scores in the upper 80's, lower to mid 90's.

Playing again Pacers at Lakers, after 1 the score is 25-24 Lakers. Howard has absolutely killed me without Hibbert in there. Kobe is crazy dominant. It won't be for everyone once again, but I'm having a blast. Oh, and that Cheat Table is AWESOME. Using it to adjust the foul sliders, keeping the sliders to Default instead of custom is making a huge difference. Can't explain it, but if you play default vs custom, you'll see a difference.

Thanks for the heads up on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »