Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #65
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Logitech? I was looking into getting one of those for my room. What are your impressions of this system?
Yep! I got it off amazon when the price dropped to 250! I have a slight issue using optical with certain games....they tend to have a bit of static...its most noticeable with Transformers Fall of Cybertron...

I also have analog connected so I can just switch what type of output with a push of a button. So I use the optical connection for music and movies and they sound great...I'm no audiophile but I wanted more control with the volume for the back speakers..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover20064
Another thing that has improved is that they are saying your name in the commentary, sure i picked a pretty generic name to make sure they have the sound files:Robert Jones

But they use my last name alot and full name from time to time, so alot better then beinmg called nr 74 or your nickname al the time
That's always bugged me in the past. My last name is a very common first name that many NBA players have yet they would never say it.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm definitely loving the game. Graphics are very good, and the gameplay is realistic and awesome.

Still have a tiny bit of regret in not going with the 360 version. Even though I don't really play any mode other than offline association, its annoying that some other moders were not included. Also the lack of self-shadowing really bothers me, not sure why. It just makes zero sense why its left out, and its something that adds a good bit of realism on the console version.

I'm thinking I should have done what I did last year...bought the game for 360 and played it until a bit after the new year, and trading it in and downloading the PC version to freshen it up once the mods are out in full force and the inevitable late patch is finally released. Right now I'm dreading them releasing a patch to address the issues found already (like the scoreboard bug) on consoles, while we wait for months to get the game fixes on PC.

Oh well, live and learn. I most likely will not get the game on PC initially again, even though I'm enjoying it.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 8

More myCareer Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzQtd6x2DrU
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #69
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

So there is no digital downloads yet? Ugh. And they wonder why PC games get pirated? I was ready to drop the $ in steam for this but now I'll have to wait (doubt any local shops stock the PC hard copy, plus I don't have a optical drive anyway), while a pirate can enjoy it now.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
So there is no digital downloads yet? Ugh. And they wonder why PC games get pirated? I was ready to drop the $ in steam for this but now I'll have to wait (doubt any local shops stock the PC hard copy, plus I don't have a optical drive anyway), while a pirate can enjoy it now.
Yeah it sucks, i got a hard copy, borrowed a usb dvd drive. After I installed it I downloaded a no cd crack, can't stand discs

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

The game overall is fun and it does feel different from the last one. However, even on simulation, contact inside the paint is non-existant (the drives to the basket have decent contact, but if you get position in the paint or get an offensive rebound there is almost NO contact)

Also, for me, myplayer is unplayable. I like to play as a defensive center, but the lack of contact inside makes it hard for me to play the way i like. Furthermore, rebounding is as wonky as ever and players on both teams are hitting shots at a ridiculously high percentage in myplayer.

Overall though, i am enjoying this game very much, however, a couple of weird decision choices or balancing choices stop this game from being downright amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 0

On PC why do young centers and PF with 25-40 3pt skill get ridiculously high 3pt shot tendency after the first season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »