Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #105
Rookie

syxxness's Arena

OVR: 2
The scale down texture on cyberface are what i dont like from 2k13... 2k12 can deliver better cf than 2k13

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedoggie
Quick question. I know the mods for the pc game is a bit different. Does anybody know if there are mods for the pc version that allow you to play with the legends in an online association? I know this isn't available in the console version, but I'm hoping something like this is doable for the pc. Also is there any way you can edit ages on on the pc?
All that will be available later when the roster editing tools really begin to blossom. Leftos has a program that can do more than anything I've ever seen this early in the year. REDitor should be out in a few months, also. By mid-season or early spring, there will be so many mods floating around it'll make your head spin.

If Hawk23 makes the Ultimate Base Roster for 2k13? I won't need to buy another game again. That'll be it.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
If Hawk23 makes the Ultimate Base Roster for 2k13? I won't need to buy another game again. That'll be it.
Same here. Heck I still play 2K12 almost as much as 13 due to the utter awesomeness of that mod.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had the PC version since release and after going through two myplayer first seasons and simulating a few years of association here is my overall take on the game.

Gameplay: One of the reasons I didn't give an impression on any forum until I've actually played it for a bit is that a lot of time when you first get it you are very excited and things don't rack up to annoy you. The game is much better in terms of animations and all that crap. The new controls are cool but I've found it can get pretty easy to cheese the D with post moves especially with a SG or PG because the other players at that position can't defend it as well. There are WAY too many fadeaway jumpers for some reason. There is no situation that I can think that would enable a guy like Samuel Dalembert to do more than 1 turn around fade away out of the post from midrange and making it. This is caused by some players holding onto the ball much too long. (This will improve when rosters with better tendencies come out. more on this later) Players also drive too much which causes too many inside points which has been a resolvable problem with sliders and roster edits in the past. (I'm sorry fans but Ray Allen is pretty much done driving at this stage in his career.)

MyPlayer: One of the best things done on my player has been that you don't have to carry your team by scoring 40 points every single game and can still win. Now with that said some flaws: When you are on offense usually everything is ok but for some reason players hold onto the ball too long or don't shoot when they are WIDE open. I also wish they would either replace the rookie you were drafted in the spot of with you period or actually shake the draft around for it because when I start a new one I've decided I'm going to just nerf the crap out of the guy they draft (Dion Waiters in my case). For some reason your shoes suck I haven't gotten to the point where I'm supposed to be able to make a shoe (I'm not sure if that is or isn't in the game or not haven't bothered because it doesn't really matter to me) One of the cool things that I was looking forward to was being able to buy suits and stuff but that isn't in the game so that's a bit of a let down. One thing that could use an upgrade is being allowed to have some input on offseason activities because after our first season the Cavs signed Chris Paul my initial thought was WTF? I just think the games AI needs to look at current players ratings and potential when doing these silly things. The GM thing is cool but you really don't have any pull. You can suggest guys to go out and sign which they will but they will usually do something stupid to get them for example trading away draft picks when you are clearly a lottery team. I now know how players for the bobcats feel. Stuff like signature skills and dunks seem a little pricey but may just seem that way because my guy isn't an overall over 80 yet. Another thing, I know the game wants to make it possible for me to do all of those achievements like score 70 pts and what not. But let me control the rotation for MY guy or make it based on how well you are doing or your stamina. My guy was playing 45 minutes a game at one point and I play 12 minute quarters. That's kind of stupid I was a rookie. And yeah I was playing quite a bit of the games trying to get rookie of the year but still.

Association: I just sim and everything seems to work well. The only thing that could use some work is better shooting percentages for big men. The biggest problem with Association is that auto generated rookies have far too much potential after 6 years almost almost all the bench players are like overall 80s which sucks but will be fixed when people start coming out with realistic draft classes. Also guys getting signed as bench warmers bitching because they don't play enough is irritating. I'm like your a 36 year old who is an overall 60 that I signed to fill a roster spot shut up. The ultimate sim control thing is neat and is pretty useful if you want to try and get a certain player rookie of the year by making them a priority to get touches. Other teams hold onto their draft picks a lot better than in previous games so you can't just trade some of your crappy players to a lotto team with a bunch of cap space just because the stars add up. Trade offers that you get can still be ridiculous (Brandon Knight and Charlie Vill for Kyrie Irving? Get your head on straight) but I got more that I might actually consider than past years.

Missing Features: We didn't get it on PC which kind of stinks because it was really intriguing but I'm not too butt hurt about it. We didn't get VC which overall seams good because when I first loaded up the game we didn't have any of the issues that console people had with the system. I wanted to be able to edit your players clothes for interviews and what not but it's not a major let down for me. Lack of all-star weekend kind of sucks because it just does is why.

Music: Now let me preface this with I love all sorts of music, hip hop being right up there with rock music for me. But this track list is quite frankly intolerable for me. Which is weird for me to say considering I actually like a lot of the songs on the list. I had it muted within 15 minutes. My reasoning doesn't really fit with a lot of the problems I hear from people "white people still play basketball games". Have you ever been listening to the radio in the car and your favorite song comes on but right at that moment it starts cutting out because the signal sucks and its like stuttered? Well that's what all of the music on this game suffers from because every other word in these songs has to be blanked out. Here is an idea just put the radio version in the game for cripes sakes, or just don't include it if half the song is just dead air. Also one of the cooler things sports games offer is helping you find bands that you wouldn't normally which this game offers none of. That Phoenix song was already in some commercials and nothing else on that Dirty Projectors album was any good but good job on out indie musicing (word?) Jay-Z it surprised me. Another VERY minor gripe considering I've already muted the sound track but everyone knows the coolest part of Mercy is when it's all like "LAMBORGHINI MERCY and then that high pitched keebler elf says some stuff" why do they immediately cut that part and go to the Kanye part it's the worst part of the song. I hope next year they go back to putting their own music into the game I at least made it almost a month before having to mute it.

Presentation: There are things I really like and things I don't like as much but nothing really major in this area. One thing I really like is showing the outside or one of the cool landmarks in a city that they do for teams like San Antonio, NY, and LA. Do that for all the teams dammit. Seeing the Alamo is cool considering I used to live in SA but there are cool things about Cleveland and I'm sure their might be cool things about places like Indiana or Milwaukee, I mean there just has to be right? Also when we ask for better menus we don't mean pretty new borders for them. The wavy tribal crap would look really sweet in some sort of MMO or monster/nature involved game. When I think NBA I think either slick and professional looking, a little bit industrial/urban theme or a combo. One thing I noticed is that when I play two classic teams it doesn't go black and white like in the last game. I thought that was INCREDIBLY cool.

Major Gripes: Just release the damn game for digital download already, you may wonder why this affects me, well a lot of our guys who mod were going to get the game that way. One of the gripes that comes along with this, why is it necessary for us to do things like fix rosters and tendencies, sliders and even graphical stuff that doesn't make sense (fat legs, no reflection or shadow options in game) We should be able to focus on cool stuff like advertisements on dornas and the hoops and goofy things like some random guys favorite player from some team in China not doing things that people get paid for to look out for.

Overall: It's ok, and definitely an improvement over the last rendition. Once the majority of modders, slider makers and roster makers finally get their hands on it I will be satisfied.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #109
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

So, has DD been further delayed to Oct. 30? My friend just told me amazon is delayed and looking at the link, it indeed is. Is that just an amazon thing or across the board (steam, etc)? If so, the DD should be a patched up game with bonus content or flat-out cheaper. It won't be either, of course, but damn.

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Sports-4108...=operasport-20
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
So, has DD been further delayed to Oct. 30? My friend just told me amazon is delayed and looking at the link, it indeed is. Is that just an amazon thing or across the board (steam, etc)? If so, the DD should be a patched up game with bonus content or flat-out cheaper. It won't be either, of course, but damn.

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Sports-4108...=operasport-20
I doubt it would be just Amazon, but rather all DD. I seriously think 2K is trying to kill the PC version. I'll be amazed if this isn't the last year for it.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhill23
Another VERY minor gripe considering I've already muted the sound track but everyone knows the coolest part of Mercy is when it's all like "LAMBORGHINI MERCY and then that high pitched keebler elf says some stuff" why do they immediately cut that part and go to the Kanye part it's the worst part of the song. I hope next year they go back to putting their own music into the game I at least made it almost a month before having to mute it.
"It is the weeping, and the moaning, and the gnashing of teeth...BELIEVE! BELIEVE!" haha, the Keebler elf.

I'm guessing it has to do with Jay-Z and Kanye being best buddies. That song might as well not even be in the game because literally 90% of it is edited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haha, yeah it really stinks that he just plugged hit buddies into the game. There is a lot of good music out there that they could have used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »