Home

Old 09-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #33
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: PC requirments?

Blazin... you need to show proof that you legally own the game. You can either post the proof here, or shoot me a PM/email with a picture of the game disc and your OS username in the photo. Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz
Ok earlier I was able to get a copy of this game from the walmart down the street and it does indeed looks better than the one on my xbox or at least on par and I havent even messed around with the settings. Gonna have to get used to play on a monitor though..My monitor isn't HD either but it still look real good. Wow. Not laggy either
If you have the PC version of 2K12 and have been cleared by a mod, could you please tell us if it is a carbon copy of the xbox version, and maybe even post a screenshot from the game, thanks.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Blazin... you need to show proof that you legally own the game. You can either post the proof here, or shoot me a PM/email with a picture of the game disc and your OS username in the photo. Thanks
I meant 2k11

I didnt even ask if they had 2k12 and I doubt they would of sold it to me because last yr they got it early, dude tried to sell it to me but the register or something wouldn't allow the sale. But if you want pictures of 2k11, I could send it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz
I meant 2k11

I didnt even ask if they had 2k12 and I doubt they would of sold it to me because last yr they got it early, dude tried to sell it to me but the register or something wouldn't allow the sale. But if you want pictures of 2k11, I could send it lol
poop

10char
Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #37
Rookie

I have a Macbook pro and have heard there are ways of running windows on it in order to play PC games. Has anyone tried this with NBA 2K? Does it work? I'm thinking about making the switch to PC but don't want to buy a whole separate new computer if I can avoid it.

Phillies '80 '08
Old 10-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naismithball
I have a Macbook pro and have heard there are ways of running windows on it in order to play PC games. Has anyone tried this with NBA 2K? Does it work? I'm thinking about making the switch to PC but don't want to buy a whole separate new computer if I can avoid it.
You can run windows 7 as a Virtual Machine in MacOS, but the performance is quite poor as far as I know, I'd be surprised if it'd be good enough to run a game like NBA 2k12, even on a powerful Mac.

Never done it myself though, so it may be workable, might be worth some research on a Mac forum?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Thanks for the help. That's kind of what I figured, but I'll keep researching.

Phillies '80 '08
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
..... And when WTF says A LOT he's not just slinging hyperbole

This card might be out of your price range but it man-handles 2k11 with no problems at 1080p, you don't need a card this powerful but it gives you the option of playing all the other big titles being released this holiday at a respectable level.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130623

Using my Osk to type
Kind of an overkill IMHO, I'm running with a GTX 460 which is BEASTING the game, at full settings and it will only set you back around 170$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127518

I also run Crysis2 maxed without any trouble. I think it is a more cost conscious alternative that will more than satisfy your needs.

You can also head here for even better in-depth recommendations :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...orce,3018.html

Happy hunting!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »