Home

NBA 2K11 PC Modding (Links to Mods)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 PC Modding (Links to Mods) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11 PC Modding (Links to Mods)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Can someone tell me why the roster file that I downloaded doesn't work? I bought the game from this thing called OnLive that I found on Gamespot. I don't see any folders to differentiate the files. There's no "saves" folder or anything.
OnLive is "cloud" gaming, meaning the games files are stored in the cloud, not on your system. This is not going to allow you to modify any files and such, only play what they [OnLive] provide via the cloud.

I haven't used OnLive, and don't plan to, and therefor do not recommend it for any serious gamer. It's a decent idea for some maybe, but for the serious gamer it's a handicap if anything.

Admittedly though, I don't fully know how the system handles all files, but by my understanding is almost everything is stored server side, on the cloud. If you do have any files on your system the save folder should be at the following location; C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K11\Saves. If your saves and rosters aren't there then it's likely you won't have access to them, which prevents you from using even basic roster "mods".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about OnLive, and if in fact it does allow you to download the full contents of purchased games to your system.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #170
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bSmooth
OnLive is "cloud" gaming, meaning the games files are stored in the cloud, not on your system. This is not going to allow you to modify any files and such, only play what they [OnLive] provide via the cloud.

I haven't used OnLive, and don't plan to, and therefor do not recommend it for any serious gamer. It's a decent idea for some maybe, but for the serious gamer it's a handicap if anything.

Admittedly though, I don't fully know how the system handles all files, but by my understanding is almost everything is stored server side, on the cloud. If you do have any files on your system the save folder should be at the following location; C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K11\Saves. If your saves and rosters aren't there then it's likely you won't have access to them, which prevents you from using even basic roster "mods".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about OnLive, and if in fact it does allow you to download the full contents of purchased games to your system.
We must be talking about something different because I was able to add mods to my game. Everything is in an NBA 2K11 folder but nothing is organized. Meaning I see no folder for saves or anything like that. Just ONE folder, and then the files.

Atleast now I know not to buy games from there anymore.

Go MIAMI Teams!!

Last edited by wrestlinggod1; 08-29-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bSmooth
For the gamer that wants to play a lot of games, it is a nice system. I really think they've done things very well.

It's not for the diehard PC gamer, though. The crowd that wants to mod games and have long lasting communities will not appreciate the limitations of such a service. Its quality is also contingent on available network bandwidth, which can fluctuate, and therefore those that play on PC for graphics reasons will not enjoy the service, either.

For what it is though, it is an excellent service with few problems. It's especially good for those that aren't as PC savvy. For those that invest hundreds of hours into a single game, rather than in quantity of different games, I'd suggest elsewhere. For those that want to buy the play bundle and have a large library of games at their ready without all of the troubles of PC gaming, then it is a great value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
We must be talking about something different because I was able to add mods to my game. Everything is in an NBA 2K11 folder but nothing is organized. Meaning I see no folder for saves or anything like that. Just ONE folder, and then the files.

Atleast now I know not to buy games from there anymore.
Bsmooth said it correct. I had one hell of a time finding this because I had some special admin issues when accessing this. I had to give permissions when I thought I was already the admin in essence.

But here is EXACTLY (on my computer Win 7, x64) where it is located. C:\Users\Gaming\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K11\Saves

note the part where it says "Gaming"? Thats where you put in YOUR user/name of computer in. Everything else should look exactly the same. If you get any errors about permissions then you have the same problem I did, and its easily fixable.

Im not familiar with OnLive or whatever, but technically it SHOULD be saving to your PC. If it isnt then like Bsmooth says, you cant even make simple roster adjusments. Sounds like this cloud gaming service stores your user settings on there end though. So if you cant access there servers.. which would be a slim to none chance, then you have only the same options as a 360/ps3 user unfortunetly
Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #173
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I wonder what modders will be able to achieve this year with the retro presentation style that each era receives. Imagine the NBA on NBC type style for a '92 mod roster. I can only dream of the awesomeness that would be.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
I wonder what modders will be able to achieve this year with the retro presentation style that each era receives. Imagine the NBA on NBC type style for a '92 mod roster. I can only dream of the awesomeness that would be.
Actually... This can already be done in 2K11. I believe it has, in fact.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #175
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Are there any "full cyberface overhaul" packs for 2k11? I just reinstalled it, and don't want to go back through and add them one by one. If not, no big deal, I'll just wait for 2k12 to drop, but if someone knows of a major "pack", then link me up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #176
Rookie

se7six's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm tired of the same old shot clock (square multi-bulb numbers) that 2K has used for years so here's a custom DAKTRONICS shot clock with custom numbers that I made for the classic stadiums. The numbers have a transparent background and only have a black background in the image so they can be seen.

http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/14908.html

got tomato?

YouTube
Moddingway

† Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJB †

Last edited by se7six; 09-21-2011 at 01:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »