Home

NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #569
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
The hell.....
LOL, that came out wrong, my bad. I haven't been exactly following up with the 2k PA system, does each team have their own real life counterpart PA announcer? Do the Lakers have their own, Miami, and so forth? Apologize if that was addressed already.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #570
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentrud
LOL, that came out wrong, my bad. I haven't been exactly following up with the 2k PA system, does each team have their own real life counterpart PA announcer? Do the Lakers have their own, Miami, and so forth? Apologize if that was addressed already.
No. Audio files are huge and there would be no way to do this with the current technology except on the PC.

Custom stadium sounds are available though.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 AM   #571
Banned

OVR: 11

You're right. I played the Live Demo tonight and made sure I was not guarding Kobe. If I (the human player) don't guard him, he hardly gets the ball and hardly takes any shots even if the Lakers are down.

The killer for both games for me last year was that superstars never played like superstars. They never left me scratching my head wondering how to stop them.

I played Live a little bit more because the generated stats had a few more superstar like numbers, especially for scoring. But in the end the game became boring, like 2K9, because I was always the best player on the court (player lock.) If I used a scrub I was the best player on the court because I was the only player playing with intensity.

It looks like Live is the same, no superstars playing like superstars, and if all these guys with 2K10 haven't seen it happen (superstars going off for big games) then it's not in that game.

I played, or watched as the CPU played, hundreds of 2K9 games last year. Only once did a superstar have a 50+ point game, and generally guys like Kobe scored 10-15 PPG with few rebounds or assists.

I was hoping one of the games had superstars playing like superstars, rather than just 1 of 5 starters who may happen to hit a few more jump shots when/if they take them. Superstars take over games, the offense runs through them, they're the first option, they demand the ball when things get tight and often they torch you.

5 minutes of play will tell you whether superstars play like superstars. 50 minutes will verify the initial impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Stop LYING!

I'm not sure what demo you played but that isn't 100% accurate.

Unless of course your saying D.Fisher is a star player now...

And as of right now those same Super stars your refering to didn't take over JACK in the Live demo either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #572
Pro

OVR: 8

at the end of a game (or during) when you go2 Gametrack is it offense plays only or does it show defense like 2k8?

and do u think you can go into 'scenario mode' try to hit a buzzer beater and see what the reaction is like
Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #573
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has it been confirmed that CAP's and rookies still have silhouettes?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #574
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Has it been confirmed that CAP's and rookies still have silhouettes?
Yes i believe so.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #575
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic

MC, did they change his jumper? thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #576
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2k10 Q&A - Full Game

Can you check whether player's feet slide behind the 3pt line if you shoot near it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »