Home

Classic Teams And 3pt %

This is a discussion on Classic Teams And 3pt % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Classic Teams And 3pt %

For all the "my day" talk, these guys are looked at like video game avatars.

Wilt Chamberlains a 'OVR 99' who's flaws (Yes players had those back then) would suddenly melt away in the current day. Dominate every matchup, even though with all that athleticsm in his time, he had overcome criticsm of being a 'loser' and putting up empty stats then. As gifted as he was, a lot of less atheletic centers gave him issues when tbe bright lights were on...even if we take Russell and Reed out of the equation.

but hey, I'm sure he'd even shoot 90% from FT line these days because the 'rims are softer today' lmao

End of the day, Nostalgia is undefeated. No reason to even debate anymore.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
For all the "my day" talk, these guys are looked at like video game avatars.

Wilt Chamberlains a 'OVR 99' who's flaws (Yes players had those back then) would suddenly melt away in the current day. Dominate every matchup, even though with all that athleticsm in his time, he had overcome criticsm of being a 'loser' and putting up empty stats then. As gifted as he was, a lot of less atheletic centers gave him issues when tbe bright lights were on...even if we take Russell and Reed out of the equation.

but hey, I'm sure he'd even shoot 90% from FT line these days because the 'rims are softer today' lmao

End of the day, Nostalgia is undefeated. No reason to even debate anymore.

“My day” right. Lmao. Classic deflection. NBA fans who never watched classic ball are living the “in my day” as we speak. This is my day right now. I just am not a recency fanboy and watch games of all eras, to have an objective opinion on how the game is played across said eras.

Dudes get called loser and put up empty stats in the easiest era to score in right now with 100 threes per game. Jocik is literally the least athletic center in history and is considered the best player in the league. You think he could stop Shaq? Lmao. Most of your favorite players haven’t won much of merit. Wilt still won rings and dominated with scoring outputs nobody could still touch within their respective eras.

There are basketball fans and league fanboys. Speaking of prior eras reveals who’s who. Ratings further tell the story. Last years finals were abysmal and being a Giannis fan I watched every moment. I don’t blindly follow the concept of “newer always better” especially when facts and visuals don’t confirm that, in fact largely speak to the opposite. Players practicing only three pointers as coach Kerr stated isn’t a testament to well rounded basketball.

You wanna talk about free throw percentage now?

Here’s King LeBron:

.674% in 2017
.665% in 2018
.693% in 2020 when he won an *asterisk ring
.698% in 2021

I get it. Ya’ll are tied to 2K. Run 2K message boards, whatever it is. You have a vested interest to claim the league is always better than it was before. While saying “who cares about ratings or what people think” when what people justifiably think (“boring” “soft” “3 point HORSE” “one dimensional”) leads to those declined ratings. Doesn’t make your perception fact.

Undefeated indeed.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:35 PM   #67
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Deflection is talking about Jokic and Shaq when neither were brought up.

I've actually never said what my favorite era is...just that I enjoy this one. I enjoy them all. I watch classic basketball all the time, I'm a junkie. Ill watch a 90's regular season game with breakfast. Thats why my thoughts are grounded in realism and not rhetoric. No 8 year old YouTube compilations and whining about current fashion and everything else but the game of basketball.

I'm not sure what going to basketball reference and pasting LeBron's FT% has to do with anything

I don't even understand that last paragraph of nonsense about 2k, message boards and such....but yeah, cherry picking quotes and using all this "we", "us" and comments about how other people feel clearly shows you can't think independently...So it's cool...I don't mind bowing out.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread Bls. Me included. Don't usually jump into the old "Yell at cloud" arguments but here I am. Hopefully they take a real look at PNO'S format next year but I doubt it. Locking this up.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-01-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Deflection is talking about Jokic and Shaq when neither were brought up.

I've actually never said what my favorite era is...just that I enjoy this one. I enjoy them all. I watch classic basketball all the time, I'm a junkie. Ill watch a 90's regular season game with breakfast. Thats why my thoughts are grounded in realism and not rhetoric. No 8 year old YouTube compilations and whining about current fashion and everything else but the game of basketball.

I'm not sure what going to basketball reference and pasting LeBron's FT% has to do with anything

I don't even understand that last paragraph of nonsense about 2k, message boards and such....but yeah, cherry picking quotes and using all this "we", "us" and comments about how other people feel clearly shows you can't think independently...So it's cool...I don't mind bowing out.

Blindly praising the league and ignoring valid criticisms isn’t “thinking independently.” Maybe people have a point when they think fake flops, fake injuries to get calls, crying to refs for 5 minutes holding up games, and 100 threes a game is a mockery to said game. Maybe those people are thinking individually when they decide what they see isn’t for them, leading to NBA’s most important series to be less relatively popular than ever. Maybe preferring to watch dynamic basketball supersedes just defending the league out of habit.

This is unarguably the most criticized era in NBA history. You assume people who don’t enjoy it as much aren’t thinking independently simply because you do. They would say the same about you.

I highlighted Lebron’s abysmal free throw percentage because you brought up Wilt’s. I actually was surprised at how bad Lebron’s shot free throws. I knew it wasn’t great but didn’t think it was like that.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:18 PM   #69
MVP

Oh, and “rhetoric” is a funny term to use when modern fanboys use the “plumber” term like a knee jerk deflection for classic players when many of today’s *elite* players actually look (and move) like plumbers and are out of shape, or just unimpressive physically.

Every NBA athletic record is held by players of previous eras.

High profile players of 20-30 years ago undoubtedly had more impressive physiques than high profile players of today if you ask me. Alonzo Mourning’s build himself prob is unmatched.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »